Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa not working after swim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got in the pool today with my children and turned on the swim exercise. Now my fitbit Versa won't come on. What do I need to do. I just received it Monday. Thanks in advance!!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. It's always recommended to follow these Wear and Care tips, if you have but you experience difficulties with your Versa smartwatch after swimming, restart it and continue monitoring its functionality. 

If your Versa isn't working as expected after the steps mentioned above, contact our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

I'm going to close this thread, feel free to open a new one if you need it. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
120 REPLIES 120

I have had the same problem twice now. I purchased versa and went for a swim in the pool.  It died not long after I started swimming. Returned this faulty product and got another replacement.  The replacement versa also died on its first swim. 

Best Answer

I also seem to be having the same problem. I have had the Versa since the day it released and have been getting in the pool almost daily and had no issues until today 😞 

Best Answer

If it has stopped working after swimming you will need to contact Support or return it to the store you bought it. Support link in my signature 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Swimming is listed as an activity the Versa will track:

Swimproof & Tracks Swims

Water resistant to 50M for wearing in the pool or rain. Tracks laps, duration and calories burned during swim workouts.

And:

Water Resistance

Fitbit Versa is water-resistant to 50 metres. After swimming or getting the band wet, we recommend drying the band because, as with any wearable device, it's best for your skin if the band is clean and dry. We do not recommend wearing Versa in a hot tub or sauna. See www.fitbit.com/productcarefor more details.

So I would be asking for an exchange/replacement if swimming has caused problems for your device. 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer

Having the same issue.  Working through it with support as we speak but when I told them it was dead (after trying a bunch of other things) I was told "On your watch, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset." Umm what part of VERSA IS DEAD are we not understanding.  Now they tell me "This is not an expected behavior. I would like to proceed and check your Versa's warranty status."  Again - brand spanking new product to me (I have had it for 2 weeks) and Fitbit.  I got this so I could swim after my Flex 2 died (which I got after my Zip died - see a pattern).  I would totally abandon Fitbit if it were not for the fact that my company gives us discounts on our health insurance premiums if we use a Fitbit to track our activity.  I kind of feel sorry for their customer service staff.  However, I expect a product to live to its promises and last more than 2 weeks - especially at this price point.

Best Answer

LOL!  According to the other posters, the Versa is FAR from being water resistant.  My blaze dies just washing my hands. 

Best Answer

@Heathercarpent wrote:

I got in the pool today with my children and turned on the swim exercise. Now my fitbit Versa won't come on. What do I need to do. I just received it Monday. Thanks in advance!!!

I have read that the waterproof seal on a number of Versa units is faulty. If I were you, I would contact support. 

★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer

I have been swimming and showering with mine on every day for 4 weeks.  No problems.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

This happened to me too!!! I have a pool and swim with my versa on.  It has been fine for a month of swimming but today had to do a reset because it was glitchy after the pool. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit doesn't die but locks me out EVERY time I swim , telling me to unlock it with my phone. So annoying!!

Best Answer

Wore my brand new Fitbit into the pool today, and after 1/2 hour of usage it died. Done. I can’t believe it. I was able to get another unit in order from Customer Service, but to die after such a short time in water is ludicrous! Fitbit seriously have to figure this problem out. 

Best Answer

Same happened to me... and the watch is new 😞

Any tips to solve this issue?

Best Answer
I had to restart the watch each time. Now I just don’t wear it in water. Upsetting because that’s why I bought this watch. Wanted it for laps in my pool.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
How did you reset it if it has black screen?
Best Answer

There are steps on the Fitbit page!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After 3 fails I returned the Versa and then bought an Apple Watch 3.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Bummer! I am onto Fitbit #2 tomorrow. I am hoping for better luck on the second versa when it comes to water immersion.

Best Answer

Good luck! I hope you have some joy. After returning  a third dead Versa, I'm done with Fitbit. I thought I may have gotten the original and replacements from a bad batch but apparently the shop that I bought it from hadn't had any other returns. Hard to understand really but the fault must be damaging Fitbit's brand. Hope they recognise this and are trying to fi it.

Best Answer

I am convinced that the Versa does not work when it comes to swimming. I just ordered my 3rd Versa within six months. The previous two stopped working after swimming laps in the pool. 

Best Answer