Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

I think I am going to do what you did and return mine at the local Target I got it from too many people are having the same issues. That’s really sad but that $250+ can be used for something else.

Best Answer

Fitbit Versa put on charge know won’t turn on , nothing totally dead, not happy at all only had for two weeks, brought it for my granddaughter, always had and used fitbits items but starting to wonder, can you help me in this case.

Best Answer

My Versa did the same but the restart trick worked like a charm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can you restart? The instructions say to go to settings on the Fitbit, but the Fitbit won't turn on. How did you restart and how often has this occurred?

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me to hold all 3 buttons for about 10-12 seconds for a factory
restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing this this morning. Less than a couple of months old, won't turn on, won't reset, charging does nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had mine for about 24 hours. Noticed it wasn’t syncing anymore this afternoon so I restarted it. After the restart the Fitbit logo appeared momentarily but other than that the screen will not turn on. Tried the factory reset using the three buttons multiple times, no luck.

Best Answer
Yeah mine is dying a slow death I have had multiple conversations with customer service and they keep giving me the run around. The battery is draining and the heart rate monitor is not functioning in fact I turned it off thinking it was draining the battery and it got worse. Customer service informed me they aware of my heart rate issue and will get back to me with a solution when hey find one... then they suggest we troubleshoot my battery issue for like the 5th or 6th time so in other words we already have your money and could care less if our product no longer works ! GOOD LUCK with them!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I received my Versa for Mother's Day, actually on 5/19/18. It was 100% charged yesterday morning. Today I woke up to my old school alarm clock and then realized the alarm didn't go off on the Versa. When I got out of bed, I noticed the black screen. It won't turn on by pushing any buttons, putting it on the charger does nothing. Not a happy person this morning. 

Thankfully, I still have my Charge 2 and am using that today. What a waste of $200.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're lucky it happened w/in 45 days if them shipping it to you. Unless you purchased an extended warranty, my advise to you is to get your money back! This has been going on for over a year. Mine died after 55 days. Started w/ not always syncing,fixed that then after a couple weeks it just died. All I can do now is send it back for an exchange. I asked if it would be a new replacement or refurbished...the tech couldn't tell me. Horrible!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that to no avail. Good luck. I hope you have a better experience than I have had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless you got extended warranty you only have 45 days to return for refund. This has been going on for over a year, doesn't look like they're fixing it anytime soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the restart, that didn't work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you contact support after having it for more than 45 days, they will send you another one. It might be refurbished (they can't tell you whether you'll get new or not),  otherwise you're just out 200+ bucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is messed up! So disappointing. I'm warning everyone not to get a Versa!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your story is similar to mine...I received mine for Mother's Day as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa worked for about 3 weeks, and now it won't come on, despite being 85 percent charged.  I've tried all the trouble shooting tips, restarting the Fibit, turning Blue tooth off and back on, trying to enter the number on the Versa display (no number comes up), etc.  Fortunately, I bought a 3 year protection plan; should I call them and send it in?  This is way too expensive of a device to be having problems like this and now I wish I never bought it!  HELP!

Won't work for me despite repeated attempts.  I very dim light comes on but that's IT

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

First I applaud your foresight to get the extended plan. You absolutely should send it in. Contact support and they'll tell you what you need to do. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in my second versa. First unit I had since day one on April 16th and it died on june 17th around 7pm. After troubleshooting and charging on two different chargers still did not power. Contacted support sent picture of rear sensor windows having moisture in it and they started the exchange process. (Which I'd day was horrible). I returned it on the 18th of June and didn't get a replacement till July 6th. Anyway, 3 weeks later, seems I am on the same boat. Moisture in the sensors and won't turn on. Two different chargers, tried resetting a bunch of times and no dice. Have to contact support again to start a exchange. I will be selling the replacement as soon as I get it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes