Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit versa died and won't restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit versa left main button started to not work, restarted it and it worked OK. Then it ran out of battery very quickly, I've recharged it over night and it won't turn on again. I've held all buttons for 10secs and nothing. What do I do? 

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

@Kadams22 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! I would start by cleaning your Versa contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. Plug it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (don't use usb hubs or battery packs) or you can try using an UL Listed usb wall adapter. After two hours try restarting it again by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same issue. The watch is not turning on and is getting rather warm when I charge it.

At first it started randomly restarting so after reading up on some forum posts I changed the clock face to one of the fitbit created ones and thought the issue was solved. The next day it started out working fine, however midway through the day just turned off.

After seeing your post and the reply from the moderator I tried the steps suggested to no avail. Holding the left button for 10 seconds does nothing and cleaning out the charging ports has not helped either. I am going to get in touch with customer support and either get a permanent fix or replacement watch.

Disappointing as I've only had the watch for a couple of weeks.

Best Answer

I've noticed an infuriating bug if you have Bluetooth turned on your phone but the phone has no internet connection. The watch goes dead as it tries to synch but the synch doesn't complete as the phone doesn't have internet access so the watch is left hanging.

Best Answer

Mybrand new fitbit versa battery died after two weeks of use. I charged daily. Now I have been trying to charge the fit bit for 12 hours and it will not charge at all. This is very disappointing as it was my Mother’s Day gift. Please advise how I can get this working or replaced. None of the suggestions provided above are working .

Best Answer

I had to call customer support and send it in. They sent a replacement device after receiving my broken one. Unfortunately at this time they did not have a fix for the issue.

Best Answer

This happens to me frequently.  Do you know why it happens?  The solution you posted works, it just gets annoying that all of a sudden my versa dies and I have to do this step.

Thanks!

Best Answer

+1

My Versa also died although having enough battery left. It doesn't charge any more but only gets hot - and restarts don't work either. The screen seems to light up shortly, before turning off again. So, Amazon has already sent out my replacement.

It seems to be a pretty common bug, though, if you search "Versa died" in this forum. I hope, I'll have more luck with my second Versa.

Fitbit should definitely do something to get rid of this bug, which seems to be a software issue...

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me.  After working great for a few weeks it suddenly died while having a full battery.

When I took all the steps it suddenly got warm to touch after charging it for 15 minutes. 

They are sending me a replacement once they recieve my current one, however, it's extremely frustrating as I've had it for less than a month.

Best Answer

Me too!! I re dived mine o Mother’s Day as well. It hasn’t been holding a charge for the past few days and today it just quit.🙁 I feel so lost without it

@Kvogtner19 wrote:

Mybrand new fitbit versa battery died after two weeks of use. I charged daily. Now I have been trying to charge the fit bit for 12 hours and it will not charge at all. This is very disappointing as it was my Mother’s Day gift. Please advise how I can get this working or replaced. None of the suggestions provided above are working .

Best Answer
All I can suggest is calling Service and complaining
Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Versa that died after only 44 days of use. I tried returning it to Target but since it was past the 30 day window, I was not able to. Anyway, contacted Fitbit customer support and after doing all troubleshooting, they ended up sending me a return label to send it back to them.  It has been 3 weeks since I sent the Versa back and I haven’t got the replacement. At this point I wish I could get my money back (over $200) but they don’t do refunds.
This is so frustrating! 

Best Answer

Returned and exchanged for a new one. One more try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I have had my Versa for like 3 months and I noticed in the last week or so that the battery seemed to be draining quickly. I turned it off this morning and tried to charge it to conserve battery power and It will not turn back on. I tried the restart and nothing... I just cleaned it and have connected it to the charger via my computer's USB port and I will attempt to restart it in a couple of hours.  If this does not work I will be contacting customer service, this is ridiculous I haven't had this Versa that long and this is my 3rd fitbit, my Blaze stopped working unexpectedly as well. If I have to return the Versa this quickly I will be finished with Fitbit products. I have enjoyed my Fitbits, but there are some serious reliability and longevitiy issues with the products and since they are quite pricey I will have to find a more dependable brand.   

Best Answer

I agree. My colleague at work has had hers for three weeks and she had to return hers for the same reason. My husband bought the extended warranty thru the store we purchased it from, thank goodness, I was able to exchange it. I debated on buying the Apple Watch but I love the simplicity of the Fitbit and stepping away from my phone for a break. I sure hope this one lasts.if this one has problems I will definitely try something new

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ding Ding Ding! That is exactly what has happened to me 🙂 thanks for solving it for me!

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me! It was just at 60% and then it suddenly died. I tried charging again. The interface gets back but when you take it out the charger, it dies. It can't even charge past 1%. 

I've contacted customer service and they think it's just the charger that's at fault.I even sent videos on all the troubleshooting + factory reset. I'm from the Philippines and they're sending in only a charger replacement. I'm waiting for their reply how long it will take. It's just going to be saddening if apparently it's not just the charger. How long will I have to wait? It's saddening. I think I'm getting an Apple watch when the new one comes in instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

Same thing happened to me! It was just at 60% and then it suddenly died. I tried charging again. The interface gets back but when you take it out the charger, it dies. It can't even charge past 1%. 

I've contacted customer service and they think it's just the charger that's at fault.I even sent videos on all the troubleshooting + factory reset. I'm from the Philippines and they're sending in only a charger replacement. I'm waiting for their reply how long it will take. It's just going to be saddening if apparently it's not just the charger. How long will I have to wait? It's saddening. I think I'm getting an Apple watch when the new one comes in instead. 

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

@vintagechutzpah wrote:

Just an update. The charger arrived within one week. They shipped it from China so it was fast to get here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, it ain't a charger problem. I plugged it in the new charger they gave me but it reacts the same way. I've just e-mailed them now asking what to do next. 

I called in the retailer wherein I purchased the Fitbit from. It's still under warranty. So, that's an option to just give it back there. The process time though would take 2-3 weeks as it has to go to their HQ and personally inspect it before any decision of giving a new replacement or what have you.

WHAT A HASSLE. Anyway, I'll wait for the Fitbit team to reply first.

ok, they're replacing it, finally. and they're quick about it. looking back, i'm quite impressed on the customer service. 

yes, there's still worry that in another 3 months, this might happen again. yes, it makes you think on why I didn't get the apple watch instead. but yep, looks like I'm still going to enjoy my Fitbit Versa until it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes