Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music sounds distorted for the first 7 to 10 minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all I don't know if anyone else is having this problem...yet another problem with my versa

If I go out I put my music on after about ten steps it beeps loudly twice. Then for the next 7 to 10 mins the music is jumpy and distorted, then it plays perfect when it is nearly time to finish my walk, very annoying. 

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Mel1965, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot Happy Don't you worry, let me suggest you to try the following to fix this issue with the music on your Fitbit Versa: 

- Restart it by following the instructions below: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

- After restarting your watch, if you are using wireless headphones connected by Bluetooth, please unpair and pair them again. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hey @Mel1965, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot Happy Don't you worry, let me suggest you to try the following to fix this issue with the music on your Fitbit Versa: 

- Restart it by following the instructions below: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  3. If your Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

- After restarting your watch, if you are using wireless headphones connected by Bluetooth, please unpair and pair them again. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Hi and thank you

that worked great, now a happy listener for all of my walk Cat Very Happy 

Best Answer

Hey @Mel1965! Sounds pretty awesome that the instructions that I posted above, helped you out. I appreciate the update, since this will help other users who are experimenting the same issue, to solve it. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer

hi again

I have to do the unpairing/pairing every day or it does the distorting again so not an ideal fix. I don't think I should have to do it every day

Best Answer

Hey @Mel1965! Thanks for getting back. Let me ask you a few questions so I can help you out better. First of all, let me ask you this, what is the output source of your headphones? I mean, have you paired them with your phone or with the Versa itself? Also, I'd like to know if the distorted music is with a downloaded playlist on your Versa or with the music from Deezer and/or Pandora. 

In the meantime, I'd like you to try putting your watch on the other wrist (preferably the same side as the receiver on the headphones). 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi me again.

the only device paired with my headphones is my fitbit. My headphones are monster isport achieve and output is Bluetooth 4.0 

I have tried it on other wrist inline with receiver exactly the same. I get two loud beeps after taking about 6 steps outside then music distorts with a smaller beep every couple of seconds. It then plays great after about 7 minutes 

It only works perfectly if I do the unpairing and pairing every trip

I play on deezer or my music. It happens on both

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Mel1965, thanks for the updates! I was checking on this with my coworkers and it seems that this is happening with some Bluetooth connections getting disrupted causing music distorting, and just like you, we found out that the way to solve it and it is by unpairing and repairing your headphones with the Versa. In addition, I would also recommend you to try to turn them off and on. 

Let me know if the issue persists! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi 

I have tried the turning on n off it doesn't help. The only thing that works is the shutting the fit bit down, then turn on and unpair and pair again. Not ideal every time you want to go out but it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

How are you @Mel1965? Thanks for trying the steps I suggested you. I totally understand that is annoying to be unpairing and repairing the headphones to your Fitbit Versa but please note that this isn't an issue with the watch itself, its just one of those things that can happen whenever using a Bluetooth connection. 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it didn't work.  I have Samusung Level U wiresless headphones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to do it every time I want to play music outside. It doesn't happen in the house. I was told it is my connection, funny it doesn't do it with my phone. If it was a connection issue surely it would drop the same after I re pair it every day. Sorry I can't be of more help, it is a nightmare having to re pair every day but at least I get in distorted music this way.

Best Answer

I found a solution to my Fitbit Versa music being distorted.  I did just happen upon my fix by pure accident and have zero idea as to how or why it worked.  My Bluetooth headphones were showing up on my iPhone.  As soon as I “forgot this device” on my iPhone (not just disconnected) the music started coming in clear on the Versa once I connected.  Maybe that’ll work for you....couldn’t hurt yo try, I guess.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks, I only have my watch paired with the headphones now, still does it

Best Answer

I tried holding "back left buttons on versa for 10 seconds and heart rate never restarted.  Is there something on a video sight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess I'm too dumb to know how to press the buttons correctly.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DGPersons, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Just make sure to follow these instructions to restart your Versa: 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch reads undefined for the steps and I think I tried shutting it off and. I thing went off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Noodlemommie, welcome aboard! So, after you tried to shut it off (or restart it) was this issue on the clock face of your Versa resolved? Is it showing the steps now? If not, as I mentioned above, you can try to change the clock face. And let me know if that works. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks that worked for ms

Best Answer
0 Votes