Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to messages?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will there be any updates to allow users to reply to messages direct from the Versa, i.e. being able to type or write a reply on the screen rather than only being able to select a pre-written quick reply?

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

I feel like they are false advertising I got this Fitbit just for the quick reply feature and now it’s only for Android. They need to make that clear next time I guess i’m returning mine 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer

When will it be available? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great! And congrats to those who already have their Fitbit Versa. 😉 Regarding the quick replies feature, it has already been implemented with the new Fitbit OS (2.01) or Versa Firmware Version (32.32.10.15). This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. 

This option is about pretty much sending customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone, not for iOS users.

For more information, see the help article How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

If you have questions about how to update your Fitbit Versa, please take a look at the step by step instructions in this article so you can start enjoying this new option. 

Keep me posted if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@HeydyF 

Thank you for the update.

is quick reply for IOS being worked on between Fitbit and Apple? Is this feature ever going to be available?

Thanks,

Horace

Best Answer

I use iPhone as well and Am super bummed about this, keep me posted.. not cool

Best Answer

Will quick reply ever be added to IOS users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TheJosher, @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner, I hope you are doin' great! To be completely honest with you, I don't know if this will ever be available for iOS devices. However, you can take a look at this idea on our Feature Suggestions board and leave your vote and comments. Maybe our team will take it into consideration in the future. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

All IOS users,

Please vote on this idea and hope for the best that quick reply for IOS will be developed.

Horace

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone heard when this is going to be available

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung J7 and I CAN NOT respond to text messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received the update on my phone this week. I updated, but now I haven't
been able to get notifications.
Best Answer

Well, that makes no sense...I'll be glad when they get the kinks out. I guess we should have known not to buy something new to soon..😨

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer service and they let me know that they are
experiencing a problem with the message plus app which is what I use so I
switched over to the regular message app on my Samsung and it works fine now
Best Answer

How do I do that?.. I'm  lliterate when it comes to things like this..

Thanks for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah ha....mines doing the same thing I wonder what's up
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know, right! What's up with that?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just had my kid look at it and she found that after the update all of my
notifications in the settings we're shut off she fixed them and itseemed to
work idk if that is what's up with yours
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.. I just got this message on my fit bit, go figure... lol. Thank
you for the updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this feature been upgraded as of yet? I just bought a versa and it shows the message but I can not reply to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think it has.. I can't reply either.
Best Answer
0 Votes