Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Firmware Update Failure (Fitbit's Issue)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Per fitbit support:

"It seems that there is an ongoing issue with the system causing the Fitbit to fail during the firmware update, despite trying different devices.

we are working on addressing this inconvenience in the shortest time possible so you can take the most advantage of the Fitbit Versa. We'll reach back to you during the next 48 hours.

If anyone has more information regarding this please share. This is an except from this post via @Sandy1970. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/My-Versa-won-t-setup/m-p/2926050/highlight/true#M44485

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

See what I tried https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/My-Versa-won-t-setup/m-p/2927011/highlight/true#M44625 and it worked finally.

I performed the factory reset and setup finished after uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

factory reset is done by holding 3 three buttons until the main logo with text disappears and just a fitbit logo appears wait for it to dissapear wait 1/2 second let go of bottom right button.

You will see a red X after a while ignore it and continue the setup from your fitbit app good luck.

If this post is removed again I will not re-post.

Update: The setup finished and now my Versa is functional , 2 days of days of my life wasted but at least it's no longer a paper weight.

Good luck.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

My Versa will not update either, I have tried several things with no luck

Best Answer

See what I tried https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/My-Versa-won-t-setup/m-p/2927011/highlight/true#M44625 and it worked finally.

I performed the factory reset and setup finished after uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

factory reset is done by holding 3 three buttons until the main logo with text disappears and just a fitbit logo appears wait for it to dissapear wait 1/2 second let go of bottom right button.

You will see a red X after a while ignore it and continue the setup from your fitbit app good luck.

If this post is removed again I will not re-post.

Update: The setup finished and now my Versa is functional , 2 days of days of my life wasted but at least it's no longer a paper weight.

Good luck.

Best Answer

I've tried everything fitbit.com has suggested, even factory reset. Have wasted a week now. Last night finally after 3 more hours got everything working or so I thought. It's still losing time. Since 8am to 6pm I've lost 45 minutes! This and a firmware update that won't go thru was why I did the factory reset. Preordered this and have only had since April, should not be having these issues. My flex was awesome for the 5 years I had it until it died. Not a happy customer.

Best Answer

I was having issues where suddenly my Versa wouldnt sync. At first it said to connect my wifi. I tried, but the screen to be able to manage my wifi connections would only spin. I toggled on and off bluetooth, reset Versa, deleted the Versa and tried to install it as a "new" one, deleted app, reinstalled app...none of the above suggestions worked. My last ditch effort was to restart my phone. Guess what...that totally took care of the problem. I spent way too much time troubleshooting when all I had to do is restart my phone! I have a SG7 Edge and Versa special edition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this worked for me, too.  Tried restarting Versa several times, but restarting my phone seemed to be the key.  Pixel2 phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update but it will not work.  I have wasted all night on this.  If I can’t fix and get back in sync, going Apple.  

Best Answer

My fit bit is updating the firmware but it is taking all day.  Progress bar is just crawling  I guess it's better than not moving  Suggestion to Fit bit is to improve user experience

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have been trying to update my versa for weeks and no success. Tried via wi fi and Bluetooth. Appears to start loading then fails after 2 hours every time. Followed manual instructions also. 

Can someone help please 

Best Answer

Tina, I know this seems way too easy/obvious but have you restarted your phone?  That worked for me (after I spent forever trying other things) and another user. Good luck!

Best Answer

I bought the fit bit today and it wont even start, I don't even know what the fit bit feels like. It is my first one and a versa. Waste of over 200pounds

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like you to try the steps that are listed in this help article. After this, run the firmware update again and see if it completes the update.

@Ije I'm sorry for replying to your post late as well. Nevertheless, I would like to know if the issue persists or if your Versa could be turned on. In the meantime, please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in this help page and see if it turns on.

@DGSP Thank you so much for your help!

See you guys around!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following this thread.  Since August 2018, I had given up on my Fitbit Versa.  I have tried everything I know to update the firmware to no avail.  In fact, at this moment, I am attempting for the 15th time to update it but I purchased a new charger in hopes that would help.  Everything on the Fitbit site that I have been told to do does not work.  This is a real eyesore for Fitbit.  I'm out $200 on this watch and I can't use it and haven't used it for months.  What should happen is Fitbit should replace these watches or offer a better solution.  For so many not to be able to update Firmware, ultimately rendering the watches unusable is unacceptable.   I will let you know if this update takes.  I have restarted my phone and purchased a new charger but honestly, it should not be this difficult to use a watch you paid $200 for.

Best Answer

Update, Firmware updating went through a 2 hour process and then restarted all over again.  This is insane.  Fitbit needs to refund me my money.  This watch is not usable without a Firmware update. 

Best Answer

Now I've deleted the device from my Fitbit app. Reset my Versa and restarted my phone.  Fingers crossed this works. 

Best Answer

I've done the same and it will not re-add to my account. I was on chat with customer service for 1.5 hours and it's still not working. I'm so mad at this point. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have hundred of hours invested in this attempt to update Firmware.  So far, nothing,  Even purchased a new phone, new charger, and went to another computer. Nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't sync or pair either anymore. When it DOES, firmware update always fails. I ordered a wireless sync dongle(supposedly this should allow the update if you're having these issues}, it will be here Thursday, if it doesn't work, I give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

GOT IT!   The best thing to do is exactly what was posted further up.  I had to start all over again.  I uninstalled my phone app for Fitbit.  Disconnected my Versa from the app. Factor reset my Versa. Reinstalled the Fitbit app, readded my Versa to my account and moved forward.  Absolutely ridiculous to have to invest this much time in a Firmware upgrade.  I had to lose all my data in order to get this accomplished.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 10 months. I listen to this guy and restarted my phone and it work. I held and the 3 buttons and restarted my phone and it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes