Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not holding a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed I’m charging my Versa a lot more than I should. Battery on my Versa drains off in less than a day and its only 2 months old? Have switched off all application settings on my Versa but problem still persist. Disappointing. Good thing I still have my Alta. Battery life lasts a little over 7 days. Any advise, please?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Do you have any 3rd part apps or watch faces installed? Sometimes these can take a hit to battery life depending on what they are doing in the background. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Watch face is original and no 3rd party apps. I have switched off Bluetooth and disallowed tracker to sync on my iPhone. Battery still drains quickly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My only other suggestion would be to do a full factory reset. If you think you've exhausted all the troubleshooting tips, then I think it may be time to get in touch with customer support

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
How can I do a factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same. After going through the support teams troubleshooting issues (3 calls), they sent me a new one. I hope this ones goes well.

Best Answer

@myversa2018 wrote:
How can I do a factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone

On your watch, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
Thanks Nate. I think it time to get in touch with customer service. 
Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @myversa2018@N8teGee and @JuanParada thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this battery issue and would like to know if you followed our friends recommendation and contacted our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you. I am receiving assistance form support team

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have only had mine for two weeks and mine will not stay charged longer than about six hours.  Sorry you're having the same issue.  This was helpful to read.  Going to try a reset and then contact support if that doesn't work.  Thanks!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fast draining is usually a result of:

- music transfer from PC to watch over WLAN

- Firmware updates over WLAN (bluetooth)

- display always ON

- connected GPS

- 24h, permanent connection,... settings in the phone app

- messages switched ON and many messages

- many notifications enabled

- some none Fitbit watch faces which update their infos in seconds

- defects

- also turning it OFF or a reset might help:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-battery-drain-within-12hrs/m-p/2785140#M29193

If I only sync once a day, have messages OFF and all the above in mind, I get 4-5 days. Hope this helps ...

Best Answer