Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Error when accessing activity endpoint

When accessing the following endpoint I'm seeing 500 error

https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/{user_id}/activities/date/20180918.json

I'm getting the below response

{'errors': [{'errorType': 'request', 'fieldName': '500', 'message': 'An error occurred with the Fitbit Web API while processing the request. Error id: A29E4FC5:EC4A_A92D900A:01BB_5BA17C03_1B5EB08:022B'}], 'success': False}

Frequency: Every time I attempt to fetch the activity data

Starting from : New development issue, meaning I did not have a working app that stopped working

Tools used: I used a python Django based app for oauth flow to obtain token. The activity endpoint itself was called using RESTED Firefox extension with Authorization header using the obtained token

Has the user authorized the app: Yes, the user is myself and I'm the app developer as well

Has the token expired: No

This is a brand new development effort so it is entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, but the 500 error seems to suggest otherwise. I would appreciate any help I can get with this.

Edit: Also, most of the data that I have is "logged" data rather than data generated from fitbit device if that makes a difference 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @reladric,

The reason for the error is an incorrect date format as the parameter in the API call.   You specified the date as "20180918".  The date format is YYYY-MM-DD.   This is documented in the Web API books here.  

Try changing your date the correct format and see if the error is resolved.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes