Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between activeDuration and duration in Activity endpoint?

ANSWERED

I'm looking through the documentation around Activity here and wonder what the difference is between activeDuration and duration features?

Example of activeDuration and duration from the docsExample of activeDuration and duration from the docs

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sleepy_dave

"activeDuration" is the amount of time in each activityLevel.  "duration" is activeDuration + any pauses that occurred during the activity recording.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @GordonFitbit, is it possible to help me answer this question as well? It would be really helpful. Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sleepy_dave!  How was this hike data collected?   Is it a manually entered activity or tracked via Fitbit using the Activity app, or something else?

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GordonFitbit! Thanks for your help here as well. This is a screenshot directly out of the documentation linked in my first post, so it's not my data. I'm just wondering what the difference would be from a general standpoint and what each variable seeks to represent. I couldn't find explicit definitions anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sleepy_dave

"activeDuration" is the amount of time in each activityLevel.  "duration" is activeDuration + any pauses that occurred during the activity recording.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer

@GordonFitbit thanks so much!! Sounds good to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes