Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API client is not authorized by the resource owner to access the resource requested. Visit https://d

What does this mean.  I can't log anything in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jlk4339,

Welcome to the forums!

The error you are seeing is typically caused when requesting data from a user that had not provided your application consent during the oAuth 2.0 authorization flow.

For example, if the user did not select "allow all" and only selected one scope in the authorization page, you will only be able to fetch data from the scope they check off.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi John,

Am creating a code to collect sleep data from multiple devices. So far I've been able to get the data from the devices individually but when I start using for loops to get data from multiple devices, I receive a similar error to OP.

It doesn't make sense to me because it appears very randomly - e.g. if I try to get data from Users 1, 2 & 3, occasionally the error will pop up for 1 & 2 but be successful for 3, then on the subsequent trial (without changing my code) the error pops up for 2 & 3 but 1 is successful.

I'm very certain that the resource owner has allowed access to the resource since I can extract the data from the device on an individual basis. Was wondering how I should go about solving this? Is it an intrinsic problem with my code? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes