Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing data prior to approval of data transfer

ANSWERED

I am interested in downloading the data for a participant from before they consented to our downloading of their data.  Is this possible to do?

E.g., The participant received the FitBit on June 1st, they consent to data download on June 15th.  Can I download their data from June 1st-15th?

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JM_Preston,

Welcome to the forums!

As long as the user consented to share data with your application, you can pull their data going as far back as the day they created their Fitbit account.

I hope this clarifies things. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @JM_Preston,

Welcome to the forums!

As long as the user consented to share data with your application, you can pull their data going as far back as the day they created their Fitbit account.

I hope this clarifies things. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

No, it is generally not possible to download data for a participant before they have given their consent for data download. Consent is usually required prior to accessing any personal data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it comes to participant data and consent, it is crucial to respect privacy and ethical considerations. Generally, downloading data from before obtaining explicit consent may not be advisable or lawful. It is essential to adhere to data protection regulations and obtain proper consent before accessing or using any individual's data, ensuring transparency and data privacy. Conducting a data migration test does not override the need for consent and compliance with applicable regulations.

Best Answer
0 Votes