Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The unit and result of Fitbit API Response

Hi, I'm developer who building the app that integrated with Fitbit API. I have managed to get the data that I want but need the confirmation from you or Fitbit about the units from the result that I got. 

What is the max of sleep score?

What is the unit of calories (calories out and calories BMR) from get daily activity summary endpoint? is it kcal (kilo calories) ?

What is the unit of Resting Heart Rate from get heart rate time series by date endpoint?

For average Heart Rate from get activity log list, what is the unit from that value? is it bpm or in % ??

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @HealthSquad 

I'll need to research the answers to your questions and get back to you.   Please give me a day or two.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HealthSquad 

What is the maximum sleep score?

According to https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2439.htm, your overall sleep score is a sum of your individual scores in sleep duration, sleep quality, and restoration, for a total score of up to 100. Most people get a score between 72 and 83. Sleep score ranges are:

• Excellent: 90-100
  • Good: 80-89
  • Fair: 60-79
  • Poor: Less than 60

What is the unit of calories (calories out and calories BMR) from get daily activity summary endpoint? is it kcal (kilo calories) ?

Calories are returned in kcals or kilocalories.

What is the unit of Resting Heart Rate from get heart rate time series by date endpoint?

According to https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1565.htm, resting heart rate is bpm or beats per minute

For average Heart Rate from get activity log list, what is the unit from that value? is it bpm or in % ??

All heart rate values returned by the Web API are returned as bpm or beats per minute.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes