Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App type: Client Vs Personal Type

Hi,

I am building an ios app for  my gym. I provide this to all the users at my gym to book classes and track their workouts. I want to integrate with fitbit to pull the intraday data from a fitbit if a user is wearing it and want to see his stats during that class. Will my application be client or personal type.

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Client type, since you will use it for users at your gym. 

Personal type would be if you would use it for yourself only.. 

For intraday time access you need FitBit permission.. 

Kind regards,

Niels

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still a little unclear as to the difference between Client vs Personal.

In the description of personal it says "of the owner of the app only."  Does this mean the creator of the app?  Or does it mean the person who installed the app on their personal device that only they use? 

Say I created an iOS app that people could download from the app store.  Someone downloads it, authenticates with Fitbit and is able to access and view their personal Fitbit data.  Would this qualify as a personal app?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tagnal

If define your application's OAuth 2.0 Application Type as "personal", then the only data you will be able to query is the data out of your personal Fitbit account.  You will not be able to query anyone else's data.  If you need to query other people's data, then you need to configure your application's OAuth 2.0 Application Type as "client" or "server".

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes