Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch API call

ANSWERED
  • I work for wellness company and we have been contracted to download the steps taken by the client's employee each night. Instead of sending the request one by one for each employee, is there a way to batch let's say 100 employee and retreive the steps taken by employee.
  • I would like to know how frequently the fitbit app communicate with the fitbit server. The fitbit activity tracker communicates with the fitbit app on demand, is that correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Pavi wrote:
  • I work for wellness company and we have been contracted to download the steps taken by the client's employee each night. Instead of sending the request one by one for each employee, is there a way to batch let's say 100 employee and retreive the steps taken by employee.

Fitbit has no plans to create a batching API. OAuth 2 access tokens are user-centric and scoped. The only advantage would be in reducing TLS and HTTP overhead, which is not significant when using TLS sessions and HTTP/2. Fetching resources individually allows them to be effectively cached by using ETag.

@Pavi wrote:
  • I would like to know how frequently the fitbit app communicate with the fitbit server. The fitbit activity tracker communicates with the fitbit app on demand, is that correct?

Fitbit devices attempt to sync every 15–20 minutes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Pavi wrote:

Fitbit has no plans to create a batching API. OAuth 2 access tokens are user-centric and scoped. The only advantage would be in reducing TLS and HTTP overhead, which is not significant when using TLS sessions and HTTP/2. Fetching resources individually allows them to be effectively cached by using ETag.

@Pavi wrote:

Fitbit devices attempt to sync every 15–20 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes