Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open connection Pool state

ANSWERED

I run a web site (Exerbyte) that lets users access Web API data. At the moment, server requests result in this:

request - n/a - Cannot open connection Pool state: jdbcUrl=jdbc:mysql://prod-api-master.site-ops.fitbit.com:4417/api?statementInterceptors=com.fitbit.hibernate.mysql.ZipkinMysqlStatementTracingInterceptor, numIdle=0, numBusy=6, numUnclosedOrphaned=0, numInUseByStatementDestroyers=6, numTotal=6, maxSize=6, numWaiting=25, numPendingTasks=0, numActiveTasks=0 SQL query was ???

I don't exactly know where that text is coming from, since I'm using third-party code to do the Oauth stuff.

I haven't changed my site in years, my host isn't indicating any problems, and the message seems to be referring to Fitbit's mysql server (which I never hard-coded).

Could it be that there's a problem with the Web API at the moment? Or has something changed that would result in this error?

Thanks!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Gondwana 

We identified an issued yesterday that resulted in the APIs returning 500s for a short period of time and was quickly mitigated. You can check the notes at our status page https://www.fitbitstatus.com/ and subscribe to alerts if you have not done so already.

If you haven't already, please retry your requests. If you are still seeing the errors, let me know and I'll investigate further.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Same here:

{"errors":[{"errorType":"request","fieldName":"n/a","message":"Cannot open connection\nPool state: jdbcUrl=jdbc:mysql://prod-api-master.site-ops.fitbit.com:4417/api?statementInterceptors=com.fitbit.hibernate.mysql.ZipkinMysqlStatementTracingInterceptor, numIdle=0, numBusy=6, numUnclosedOrphaned=0, numInUseByStatementDestroyers=6, numTotal=6, maxSize=6, numWaiting=14, numPendingTasks=0, numActiveTasks=0\nSQL query was ???"}],"success":false}
Best Answer

Hi @Gondwana 

We identified an issued yesterday that resulted in the APIs returning 500s for a short period of time and was quickly mitigated. You can check the notes at our status page https://www.fitbitstatus.com/ and subscribe to alerts if you have not done so already.

If you haven't already, please retry your requests. If you are still seeing the errors, let me know and I'll investigate further.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes