Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Authorization code verifier invalid

I am following the Authorization Code Grant Flow with PKCE. I've checked over all of my steps several times, and as I've mentioned as a response to another post, I am very sure that I'm hashing and encoding the code verifier correctly : When I tried hardcoding the code_verifier as the example '01234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789' I get the correct code challenge as shown in the example (which I checked by printing it out). And I also receive the following error from fitbit: 'Authorization code verifier invalid: 01234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789'. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly here, and I've been struggling with this issue for over a week now. So please please let me know if you have any advice or would know what things I should also triple check to make sure I'm calling the /oauth2/token end point correctly. Thank you so much for your help, in advance :)!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ssshar,

Could you please PM me your Client ID so I can check our logs to see what is occurring?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @JohnFitbit, , I'm unable to private message you. I do not see the option on your profile page. Is there another way to send the Client ID to you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am following the Authorization Code Grant Flow, i just can not open this Link for code:

{REDACTED}

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ssshar It looks like you had PM disabled in your settings. We temporarily removed it so you can send me the info. Click my name and you should see a "Send Message" button in the following page.

@xiaofang Are you experiencing the same issue? I also removed your authorization url as it displayed your Client ID to the public. If you are experiencing this issue as well, please PM me your Client ID also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit I'm not sure if this is the appropriate way to ask this, but I'm also having the same error as the OP on this post. I confirmed that my encoding was producing the same result as the example in https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/authorization/. I also confirmed that I don't have a typo in the code_challenge_method or any of the other problems that others seem to have had.

I would love any input you could give. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes