Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Add Widgets/Features

Hey All,

I got pretty excited when I saw FitBit had open source API but looking at it I am only seeing options for app integration options/ web API to make calls for data collection/parsing/logging and I'm not seeing any options to add actual functions to the device itself. I was really hoping to start a project to make a simple widget that you could have on the Blaze watch directly where you could move a slider bar to select the amount of water you drank in your preferred units then add it to your account all on the watch itself but it seems that level of development isn't open to anyone? Searching the community forms that feature as well as local weather conditions are both highly asked to be added to the device. Am I overlooking something in the documentation or are we unable to make changes to the actual device itself?

Thanks,

Taindel

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Taindel Currently you're not able to do that, but we're definitely aware of the interest from developers.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response! Let me know if this changes if you don't make a big announcement. 🙂

Best Answer

By "currently" do you mean that this kind of thing may be added in the future?

Is the blaze powerful enough to do more than just update your fitbit account with data? perhaps integrate with other services, like xfinity home so you can turn off your alarm/unlock your door from your watch? Or am i asking too much?

Best Answer
0 Votes