Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting baseline temperature

I know temperature logs output the deviation from the baseline - but to calculate the deviations... the baseline must be known. Is there anyway to pull this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mmf229 

At this time, baseline temperature is not available through the Fitbit Web API.   I will add your name to the list of users requesting this functionality.

Best,

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the protocol or next steps after being added to the list?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The product team monitors the interest & feedback.  If there is enough interest, they will consider putting it on the roadmap.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not having the baseline isn't just a little confusing as an external developer but also as a user in the app. The lack of context as to my 'normal range' without knowing my 'normal range' is a bit odd.

My team personally have a use case where we might want to detect a person is becoming ill - we can use a big variance as a detector - but I wouldn't be sure if this has hit 38/39/40 degrees without this core information.

Something as simple as returning the average temp value would be hugely valuable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Visser23,

Welcome to the forums!

I've added your interest and use case to the list of users requesting the functionality. Thanks again for your feedback!

Best Answer
0 Votes