Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate Intraday response is empty

Hi 

I am trying to fetch intra day heart rate time series with minutes as detailed level but the response contains only "activities-heart" not "activities-heart-intraday". The day is synced for that date (even varied the result for many dates). What am I missing?

https://api.fitbit.com/1.2/user/<userId>/activities/heart/date/2018-05-28/1d/1min.json

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Are you sure about the 1.2?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 1.2 of the API is not supported.  You should be using version 1.0.  

https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/<userId>/activities/heart/date/2018-05-28/1d/1min.json

Are you writing a personal application to retrieve your own data, or are you writing a client or server application to retrieve someone else's data?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you only access intraday detailed heart rate data if it's a personal app? If so, is there a way to access this data using a client or server application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MattWood,

Welcome to the Forums!

Intraday access is automatically granted to the owner of the application as long as it is set to 'Personal'. If your app is set to 'Server' or 'Client', your application will need to go through additional review before it can be approved for intraday access. For more information, click here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi John,

I met with the same problems fetching my own account's Intraday data as well and my application was already set to "Personal".

Early this week, I was also granted approval of intraday access via the additional review mentioned. Is there anything we need to include in the API request?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I discovered that I am able to access my intraday data already. Took some trial & error, but it seems like we can get the time series data ONLY if we pass the request using this format:

GET https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/heart/date/[date]/1d/[detail-level].json

If we put in an [End_Date], we would just get back the normal Heart Rate activity without the time series. The [Date] also needs to be the date that you have gotten the Intraday access approval from Fitbit.

I understand by requesting for time series within a date range might be a little overloading, especially if the range is big and the interval is in seconds. However, is it possible to allow us to get the data for a short period like a week?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ChiaMeng 

Heart Rate Intraday data can only be queried for a maximum of 24 hours at a time.  You can specify the endDate URL parameter, but the timeframe cannot expand more than 24 hours.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes