Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with system design to get intraday data from multiple users

I'm trying to start working with the fitbit web API and my idea is to develop an application to monitor multiuser characteristics conveyed by intraday data (e.g., heart rate) from Fitbit Sense devices.

Right now, I was thinking about the design for a server app and would thank any advice anyone might give me. Is this correct thinking or am I missing something?
1) First, it is necessary to request (and get) access to intraday time series data to FitBit, since its a server app;
2) If 1) is successfull, users create fitbit accounts and when accessing the app, authorize the needed scopes for the intraday data.
3) After 2) App can use the subscription endpoint to get users intraday data.

Thxs in advance for any reply/help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @RuiFernandes 

If you want to collect intraday data for any other Fitbit user besides yourself, you will need to request access to this data set.  Once you have access, there is not a specific scope or subscription notification/endpoint related to intraday.  The standard activity and heart rate scope and subscription notification will be sufficient.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

Thxs Gordon for taking the time to help me... I'm currently developing the data model for my application but I want to start playing with the Web API asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes