Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to force user to login again for oauth authentication?

ANSWERED

The problem is if someone (patient A) logs into their fitbit account and simply closed the browser, Fitbit retains the user credentials. If another individual (patient B) opens up and try to do oauth authentication from the same computer and same browser, we will be directed to paitent A's authorization page. Is there a way that I can make sure user has to login again everything time they do oauth authentication?

I am looking for something like Twitter's OAuth API parameter "force_redirect=true", or Facebook's "auth_type=reauthenticate"

Thanks for any reply.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not yet, but this is a planned feature for our OAuth 2.0 implementation. I do not have an ETA yet.

For OAuth 1.0a, users are always prompted to authorize the application and there is a "Not you?" notice on the bottom of the authorization screen.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Not yet, but this is a planned feature for our OAuth 2.0 implementation. I do not have an ETA yet.

For OAuth 1.0a, users are always prompted to authorize the application and there is a "Not you?" notice on the bottom of the authorization screen.

Best Answer

Would an iframe to the logout page right before the redirect solve this? Is there a reason to avoid that method?

<iframe src="https://www.fitbit.com/logout"></iframe>

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should not use that method. There is an officially supported method coming in the next two weeks.

Also, I think Fitbit's X-Frame-Options would block that page from being loaded in an iframe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

Is there any news on this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please see the documentation for the OAuth 2.0 Authorization page. The "prompt" URL parameter provides this functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeremiahFitbit has this changed since this was answered? I am trying to force login for my app and `prompt=login` is not working. I am assuming that "login" is the correct value to pass into the query parameter as I cannot find any documentation on this. The OAuth 2.0 Authorization page you linked to does not mention the `prompt` parameter anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes