Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method information Webhook

ANSWERED

I have developed a Webhook using the subscriptions API to get information about users' activities. It works fine, but I would like to know what is the action made for the activity (create, update or delete) so that I can modify it properly. The body of the request made by fitbit does not provide that information , or I can't find it.

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @iBereciartua,

A webhook notification indicates when a resource was added, modified, or deleted. The notifications will not tell you what exactly occurred, it will just tell which resource has new data (whether it was added, modified, or deleted, but will not specify which of the three).

• Added = Whenever new data is synced to the Fitbit account. Examples include: an activity is recorded, sleep log is recorded, or a food log is recorded.
  • Modified = Whenever a Fitbit user modifies an existing entry. For example, a user may change the time frame of an activity in which it actually occurred.
  • Deleted = Whenever a Fitbit user deletes an existing entry, such as a food log or an activity that was falsely recorded.

Per the documentation, its up to your application to determine what resource was changed and/or how it was affected by comparing the new data from the old data. For more information, see Responding To A Notification.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @iBereciartua,

A webhook notification indicates when a resource was added, modified, or deleted. The notifications will not tell you what exactly occurred, it will just tell which resource has new data (whether it was added, modified, or deleted, but will not specify which of the three).

• Added = Whenever new data is synced to the Fitbit account. Examples include: an activity is recorded, sleep log is recorded, or a food log is recorded.
  • Modified = Whenever a Fitbit user modifies an existing entry. For example, a user may change the time frame of an activity in which it actually occurred.
  • Deleted = Whenever a Fitbit user deletes an existing entry, such as a food log or an activity that was falsely recorded.

Per the documentation, its up to your application to determine what resource was changed and/or how it was affected by comparing the new data from the old data. For more information, see Responding To A Notification.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. Sadly, I can't track the data to check the method in my platform. Maybe it could be good if that information is included in the notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes