Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with oAuth2 Login via API?

ANSWERED

I am no longer able to register a user via the oAuth2 Server workflow. Worked 2 weeks ago but as of this morning I am unable to register a user. My app redirects to FitBit auth page. When I enter the FitBit creds, I get a message "You have been logged out" and the page does not redirect to my post-auth page. 

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

I have made no changes to my app yet this morning when users log in(i send the force login option) it keeps telling them they have successfully logged out without taking them to the verification page. I have had them uncheck the Remember Me and try again. It was working yesterday...but not as of this morning. Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks!

**EDIT**

I guess I should explain this better, I sound like a user who says "Its broken" without details. So I have a web app for our corporate wellness site. I'm using the oauth2.0, and calling the site forcing a login each time because people want them and their spouses to be able to log the information from the same device. No big deal. I send the prompt - login option on my authorization url. When someone logins in successfully it should send them to the page with the "Yes let app access your data" or "No don't let them". Instead it remains on the login screen with the green notification above saying "User successfully logged out". This was working just yesterday as I had to log my own steps with the app. Hope this explains the issue in more detail. Basically no one ever gets past the login screen for authorization.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad someone is experiencing similar issues to myself. I'm coming from a web app and people are taken to the fitbit login page all it does everytime they try to login is say "You have been successfully logged out."

Sorry this post wasn't one that actually helped you out, but now I will watch your post and mine to see if anyone replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_Snooze thanks. At least now I know it not just me 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_Snooze @AppDev Do you have the prompt uri set to login? If you do, try without it and see if it works.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do, but our company wants it that way because spouses are using the same tablets/phones/pc's etc... to download and log their steps for our corporate wellness program. They are forgetting that their spouse is logged in and grabbing the wrong persons steps. That option is said to force login everytime which they wanted. Is there another option I can send?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit Yes it is set to login. Why am I in an endless loop of login-prompt-login never moving beyond auth to the post auth page? Did something change recently because my setup was working 2 weeks ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I concur. Mine was working as of yesterday. This morning. Not so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm that removing the login prompt option did work. Is there a chance of changing this back or a different option? Just so I can let our HR dept know either way. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Removing the prompt=login from the URL segment gets me beyond the login-auth-login loop. However now I am taken straight to my post-auth page and not prompted to consent. 

changed prompt=login to prompt=consent

This got me back to where I was earlier.

I wonder then what's the goal of the prompt=login option if it prompts endlessly? 

@AndrewFitbitany clarification?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AppDev @J_Snooze I don't have an answer yet, but there seems to be an issue with 'login'. I'll update this thread when I have more information. Removing it is the only workaround I can provide at the moment. Smiley Sad

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit thanks for the confimation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_Snooze did you test your app again after the bug fix? Today it appears the process it further broken. Instead of an endless login screen, I get an error that states the redirect_url is not set. It appears that auth process is unable to retrieve the redirect URL from the app settings (on the portal).

Is this working for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working again, I did the work around they posted of keeping the "login" option, but moving it so its not the last option I send in the uri. This is the c# I have (don't know what your app is built using, but maybe it helps)..

Here is the before and after. pretty simple, just moved the login parameter on the uri from last to second to last. Seems to be working for me. 

url += "/authorize?";
            url += "response_type=code";
            url += string.Format("&client_id={0}", this.ClientId);
            url += string.Format("&redirect_uri={0}", Uri.EscapeDataString(this.RedirectUri));
            url += string.Format("&scope={0}", String.Join(" ", scopeTypes));
            url += string.Format("&prompt={0}", "login");

Changed it to:****
url += "/authorize?";
url += "response_type=code";
url += string.Format("&client_id={0}", this.ClientId);
url += string.Format("&redirect_uri={0}", Uri.EscapeDataString(this.RedirectUri));
url += string.Format("&prompt={0}", "login");
url += string.Format("&scope={0}", String.Join(" ", scopeTypes));
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_Snooze Thanks for the code. Very similar to what I had

var url = string.Format("{0}?response_type=code&client_id={1}&redirect_url={2}&scope={3}&prompt=login", 
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitAuthorizationUrl2),
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitClientId),
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitAuthRedirectURL), 
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitScopes));

changed to 

var url = string.Format("{0}?response_type=code&client_id={1}&redirect_url={2}&prompt=login&scope={3}", 
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitAuthorizationUrl2),
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitClientId),
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitAuthRedirectURL), 
                WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get(AppKeys.FitbitScopes));

the authorize URL is

"https://www.fitbit.com/oauth2/authorize"

Here are the steps

1. User click on a "Register" button in my web app

2. My web app redirects to teh fitbit authorize URL.

this is what I see in my browser URL bar

https://www.fitbit.com/login?redirect=%2Foauth2%2Fauthorize%3Fclient_id%3MY_CLIENT_ID%26redirect_uri...

3. See the Standard Fitbit login screen

4. After I enter the credentials, I get this error

The app you're trying to connect did not provide valid information to Fitbit. Please report this issue to them.

Developer information: invalid_request - Invalid redirect_uri parameter value

If you notice, the URL is missing the redirect_uri value (the one you add to your app in the portal and the one you used to build the redirect URL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@J_Snooze Thanks to your code I was able to figure out what the issue was. The query parameter redirect_url is not longer being accepted. I noticed that your code has request_uri and mine had request_url. I swear, this worked. I believe Fitbit fixed the issue and after I changed request_url to request_uri, I have my app back up and running

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AppDev wrote:

The query parameter redirect_url is not longer being accepted. I noticed that your code has request_uri and mine had request_url. I swear, this worked. I believe Fitbit fixed the issue and after I changed request_url to request_uri, I have my app back up and running

`redirect_uri` is the name of the parameter as defined by RFC 6749. We just checked our commit history. Fitbit has never supported `redirect_url`.

Glad that you figured it out and that your app is back up!

Best Answer
0 Votes