Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live data

ANSWERED

Can a Fitbit Charge HR 1 be used as a motion sensor to manipulate live parameters in real time?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

See this post here.

@Kerenk That can also be answered by the post I linked above.

"You currently cannot get real time data from Fitbit devices. They are not designed for this use case."

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@CillianSharp See this post here.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Looking into the API I was trying to figure out if any of the Fitbit devices supports real time heart rate data, in the resolution of seconds.

I want to develop a simple client app that will be able to pull the heart rate from the API each 3 seconds. Which of the devices supports that?

I understand I should use the get heart rate time intraday series. what is the minimum time difference I can sample? (1 second?)

Also, in the future, I would want to make my app supporting a few users. can I ask to get thier HR data by using thier email address as a userid for example?

Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

Sorry to change the question to another direction.

Are there other Fitbit devices that can measure anything in realtime? such as heart rate?

I understood the PurPulse is made to that exact purpose - that Alta HR supports it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit wrote:

See this post here.

@Kerenk That can also be answered by the post I linked above.

"You currently cannot get real time data from Fitbit devices. They are not designed for this use case."

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can't be. Or that there is misleading data anywhere.

1. In this thread, you can see people talk about granularity of sampling. This means that this is feasible with Fitbit. Doesn't it?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/Sampling-time-of-intraday-Heart-Rate-Data/m-p/18...

2. In the Alta HR site, it is specifically written that It supports the purepulse technology, which provides the real data sampling.

Is this something that will be bounded through sdk? Hard for me to believe in that.

https://www.fitbit.com/altahr

Thanks,

Kerenk

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue, looking forward to see if we have access to that.

The only device I could find that let's you stream the data in real time is Empatica.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Andrew, can you please respond?

Also, can HRV be measured in addition to HR using the Alta HR?

Thanks,

Keren 

Best Answer
0 Votes