Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oauth flow: stuck at login on Android (Connecting with google button)

Hello we have a problem at login when user clicks on connect with google button.

I've seen similar issues in forums, but we have different scenarios.

Captures - Google Drive

Steps:

User starts login in app

browser opens login page

User clicks on connect with google button

A new tab opens, it requests a google account

User selects account

Tab closes, login page redirects to transferpage and gets stuck

Tested on Android 11

Transfer Page:

if user returns manually to our game and click again in the login button,

they are redirected successfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MySelfXD,

Unfortunately, Google Sign on isn't supported for authorizing consent to third party applications. Fitbit users will need to log in using their email/password in order to consent.

If the user used Google to sign on to their Fitbit accounts previously, they won't be shown the sign in form prior to the consent screen. For more information, see our documentation for Social Login Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit 

I sent you a DM with a video

User already have an account, its log in, not sign up

If google sign on isn't supported for authorizing consent, can I send some parameter in the url, to avoid showing that button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MySelfXD From the user experience on your video, what is the user attempting to do? Are they simply trying to log into their Fitbit account? Or are they logging into their Fitbit account so they could provide consent to your application? It's not clear in the video you sent.

• The user can use Google single sign on to log into their Fitbit account and remain logged in.
  • If the user is already logged in to their Fitbit account, then goes through the consent flow to share data with your application, the log in form by default will not be presented to the Fitbit user unless you use the url parameter "prompt=login". 

At this time, there is no way to hide the Google Sign On from the log in form. Fitbit users can still use that button to log into the Fitbit account, just not in conjunction with authorizing consent to a third party app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnFitbit the user is trying to consent permissions to our application,

he has previously granted permissions to our app.

In this case:

• User already has an account and he's connected with Google
  • User have authored our app previously, for any reason user deletes all game data, so he must loging again
  • In our game: "Connect with fitbit" button displays
  • User clicks it and browser opens
  • As the user previoulsy choose to not keep his session open, then login form displays
  • User continues flow, gets stuck on transfer page.

This about why the user get stuck on tranferpage after login.

Clearly if user has an active session the error doesn't occur, it just happen in the described scenario.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MySelfXD sorry I think I am misunderstanding. Is the user using the Fitbit login form or the Google Sign on form to login and consent? The topic of the thread indicates they are using Google Sign on but your last post indicates they are using the Fitbit Sign on form.

If the consenting using the Google Sign on, the Fitbit user will hang on the transfer page as consent for 3rd party is not supported with Google Sign in. However, if they are stuck in transfer page after consenting using Fitbit credentials, then this sounds like an issue we need to investigate.

Best Answer
0 Votes