Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Send a GET request in Chrome URL bar?

ANSWERED

I'm totally new to this and don't know about all the options available. 

I want to play around and learn how to get my fitbit data and show it on my own website. This is just for my own private curiosity and learning, I'm not actually developing an app for other people to use.

I've followed the Oauth2.0 tutorial and now I can get some of my own data in a terminal window on my computer, but I thought (maybe wrongly) that I would be able to do something like example request here https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/oauth2/#making-requests by pasting it into my browser URL and just making sure it was my own token. 

I'm lost as to why this doesn't work, or how to properly form the parameters in the URL for this type request.

It was just a step I made up on my path to try and display data how I want to see it on my own website, but now i don't know what's my next step is!

Halp!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mcwilson63,

It's not possible to call an API using the URL bar of a browser because endpoints require a Method, Header, and Body, that aren't able to be entered through a URL. I recommend taking a look this document for reference.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Mcwilson63,

It's not possible to call an API using the URL bar of a browser because endpoints require a Method, Header, and Body, that aren't able to be entered through a URL. I recommend taking a look this document for reference.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer

Thanks! That's a great resource.

I came across the info I needed already so I've been able to do what I wanted to and now I have a webpage that can query the data I need from my fitbit account.

My next step is to get that data showing in a google chart, which I have almost achieved.

🙂

Best Answer

@Mcwilson63 Awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes