Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting Heart Rate and Intraday heart rate data is missing for one user

ANSWERED

Hi, 

We've been getting all the heart rate data we need for all users (we have intraday access) except for this one user where the "restingHeartRate" field is not coming in the "activities/heart" api and intraday heart rate data is empty. The user is using Fitbit Inspire. I've already checked with the user on the permissions that were given when giving access to our app and here's the list (sleep, settings, nutrition, activity, social, heartrate, profile, weight, location).

Here's a sample response for the "activities/heart" endpoint. 

{
  "value": {
    "heartRateZones": [
      {
        "max": 84,
        "name": "Out of Range",
        "min": 30
      },
      {
        "max": 118,
        "name": "Fat Burn",
        "min": 84
      },
      {
        "max": 143,
        "name": "Cardio",
        "min": 118
      },
      {
        "max": 220,
        "name": "Peak",
        "min": 143
      }
    ],
    "customHeartRateZones": []
  },
  "dateTime": "2021-04-10"
}

And response to the intraday data endpoint

{
    "datasetType": "minute", 
    "datasetInterval": 1, 
    "dataset": []
}

Can somone point me to what could be going wrong for this single user? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @srtninc,

Can you call the GET Devices endpoint for this user and confirm which Inspire they have? If they only have the "Inspire" as you said, this device does not have a heart rate sensor, which would explain why you're not seeing HR data for this user. Only the Inspire HR and Inspire 2 have heart rate sensors.

You can see a comparison of the three devices here: https://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-inspire-2-vs-fitbit-inspire-hr-vs-fitbit-inspire

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @srtninc,

Can you call the GET Devices endpoint for this user and confirm which Inspire they have? If they only have the "Inspire" as you said, this device does not have a heart rate sensor, which would explain why you're not seeing HR data for this user. Only the Inspire HR and Inspire 2 have heart rate sensors.

You can see a comparison of the three devices here: https://www.techradar.com/news/fitbit-inspire-2-vs-fitbit-inspire-hr-vs-fitbit-inspire

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit, thank you for your reply. You are indeed right, the user is using a basic Inspire tracker. Here's the response from the API. 

[
  {
    "battery": "Medium",
    "batteryLevel": 42,
    "deviceVersion": "Inspire",
    "features": [],
    "id": "1775142727",
    "lastSyncTime": "2021-04-14T09:46:25.874",
    "mac": "F858B8732B73",
    "type": "TRACKER"
  }
]
Best Answer
0 Votes

@srtninc Happy to hear that this was the cause and not an issue with the APIs.

On a side note, I feel that querying the intraday endpoint for this user should have returned a 400 Bad Request for not having a device paired to the account that supports the data requested. You can see that we documented the "validation" error here. I'll confirm with the team if this should have been the expected response for this user.

Thanks again for bringing this up!

Best Answer
0 Votes