Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site

ANSWERED

Good afternoon, as part of the development of our site, we plan to give to users watches of your brand and in the future we want to offer competitions for the most sports participant, for this we need to collect data from those who want to participate and publish them, in this regard, I have several questions: I saw that you have a WEB API:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API-Development/bd-p/dev, can we publish information through them? Will we violate your user agreement? Do we have to pay any additional taxes for donating your brand watches?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ClausBradly 

Yes, you have the ability to post some data through the Web APIs.  The documentation contains the endpoints for posting data to Fitbit.  You will not violate our agreement.  However, I would highly recommend that you include in your terms of service and privacy policy which fitbit data you are collecting and which data you are posting to their user's accounts.

Regarding the taxes, I don't know the answer.  My recommendation is contact the person/distributor who sold you the devices.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry for Post name, now I can't edit it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ClausBradly 

Yes, you have the ability to post some data through the Web APIs.  The documentation contains the endpoints for posting data to Fitbit.  You will not violate our agreement.  However, I would highly recommend that you include in your terms of service and privacy policy which fitbit data you are collecting and which data you are posting to their user's accounts.

Regarding the taxes, I don't know the answer.  My recommendation is contact the person/distributor who sold you the devices.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for information.

Best Answer
0 Votes