Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriber has not been successfully verified.

ANSWERED

제목 없음.png

Any ideas what i'm missing?

what's wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

We do see the 2 requests in the IIS logs, but the endpoint is still not being verified. We use a proxy server and redirect to the server we want.

Both are GET request and one is a 204 and the other is a 404. The verification code for the 204 matches up with what is on the FitBit site.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever resolve this? I'm experiencing the same:

the endpoint is getting called with the ?verify=... parameter value. I send 402 for the wrong one, 202 for the right one but it still doesn't work.

So:

• url is being called correctly
  • the verify parameter is coming in nice
  • the wrong one is answered with 402 correct
  • the right one is answered with 202 correct
  • this all happens well within 3 seconds

The subscriber still isn't being validated. Any thoughts?

I'm running the project locally in Visual Studio and I am using ngrok to make it reachable from outside the network. I see the calls being received and my logging shows I'm reacting right so I'm getting clueless right now..

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @eekayonline.  Instead of responding with a 202 and 402, try 204 and 404.

https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/subscriptions/#verify-a-subscriber

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back at me.. the 202 402 were a typo (thankfully). 
But I managed to get this going...

As it appears my function - written in C# for a .net Core API - that receives the ?verify=xxx parameter returned a HttpActionResult for which I'd set the status code to 404 or 204. The HTTP response was 200 OK which isn't as specified. 

I changed the function result into an IActionResult and returned NotFound() and NoContent().. The result was then the right HTTP response.

I found this out using ngrok's web interface which showed me the 200 OK in big letters...

Thanks for getting back to me this fast, anyway! 🙌🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes