Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Notification - Water

ANSWERED

Hi there.

I have a subscriber endpoint set up with notifications coming in.

I noticed if a user logs water in the app, I don't get any type of subscription notification. However, if a food is logged, a subscription (food) notification is sent, and upon retrieving the data, the water that was previously logged is then included.

Is this behavior by design?
Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jeff_New_Ocean Yes, scheduling hourly or daily fetches would be a great workaround for the meantime depending on how soon you need the information.

Also, you do have a 150 api call rate limit per hour/per user. So, you could call the water log endpoints within the hour if you want the data to be as near real time as possible.

I hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @Jeff_New_Ocean,

Yes and No, this is something we've been aware of. Water logging is considered to be under the food logging endpoints but not captured by the subscription notifications. It appears there is an existing ticket to fix this, but due to low volume of reports/interest, it has been pushed back. Is water logging data something you'd be interested to see notifications for? I could try and bump the ticket to see what the latest update is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @JohnFitbit for the information. We are definitely interested in water over subscription notifications to be used for a challenge. In the meantime, would the best practice for making sure to get logged water be a scheduled daily fetch to the foods endpoint for affected users?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeff_New_Ocean Yes, scheduling hourly or daily fetches would be a great workaround for the meantime depending on how soon you need the information.

Also, you do have a 150 api call rate limit per hour/per user. So, you could call the water log endpoints within the hour if you want the data to be as near real time as possible.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer

Thanks, will do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JohnFitbit checking in if you had any movement on subscription notifications for water updates. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jeff_New_Ocean,

Unfortunately, there is no updates on the enhancement request for water notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes