Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription not wokring: SocketTimeoutException

ANSWERED

I just checked the subscriber stats page since subsciption was not working and its showing only SocketTimeoutException. Last message delivery attempts (max 1,000) are all SocketTimeOutException. 

It was working the last time I checked, but that was about 6 months ago and subscription got disabled because of continuous SocketTimeoutException. I re-enabled it now and its showing only SocketTimeoutException. What can I do to solve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This means that your application is taking longer than 3 seconds to accept the request from Fitbit and properly close the connection after receiving the request data. To prevent applications for keeping connections open unnecessarily and delaying notifications for other apps, Fitbit will abort the request if not properly closed by your app within 3 seconds. When this happens frequently, your subscriber is disabled.

You need to make sure that your application receives the Subscription notification request, properly closes the connection, and only then does whatever it needs to do when it knows there's new data.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

This means that your application is taking longer than 3 seconds to accept the request from Fitbit and properly close the connection after receiving the request data. To prevent applications for keeping connections open unnecessarily and delaying notifications for other apps, Fitbit will abort the request if not properly closed by your app within 3 seconds. When this happens frequently, your subscriber is disabled.

You need to make sure that your application receives the Subscription notification request, properly closes the connection, and only then does whatever it needs to do when it knows there's new data.

Best Answer
0 Votes