Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriptions - Receiving update notifications

ANSWERED

Did anything change on Fitbit in regards to update notifications around 10/2 or 10/3?

Since nobody else complaining it must be something on our end but still wanted to verify.

Starting 10/3 we are receiving empty notifications. It looks like the "updates" parameter\part name is missing or empty. I will add detailed logging to record the entire notification request, for now I do not have more details, it just looks like the updates parameter is missing or empty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As I stated above we were using JSON File format and the following code to retrieve the file from request (.Net):

HttpPostedFile file = context.Request.Files["updates"];

It worked for years up until October 2 or 3. At this point I am not sure what exactly happened or changed but suspicious thing to me is that XML was deprecated around this time 🙂

To resolve we are changing format to JSON Body (which is more straightforward) and updating our endpoint accordingly. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@shurik What file format are you using?

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

We are using JSON file. I've just verified application settings, the endpoint is configured as "JSON file" type and we are looking for "updates" file in the request

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I stated above we were using JSON File format and the following code to retrieve the file from request (.Net):

HttpPostedFile file = context.Request.Files["updates"];

It worked for years up until October 2 or 3. At this point I am not sure what exactly happened or changed but suspicious thing to me is that XML was deprecated around this time 🙂

To resolve we are changing format to JSON Body (which is more straightforward) and updating our endpoint accordingly. 

Best Answer

@shurik Yeah, the reason I asked is because JSON Body is what you should be using. So I'm glad you're switching over. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, thanks for pointing us in the right direction. We are up and running with JSON Body.

Best Answer