Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature, EDA, HR data download

Hi, I'm a researcher at Politecnico di Torino. We need a smartwatch to monitor heart rate, EDA, skin temperature on office workers and we were interested in Fitbit Sense 2. I'm wondering if the device allows in such a way to download these data recorded during daytime with a data sampling of 1 minute or 5 minutes.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Arcaphine 

The FItbit Sense 2 does record the heart rate, EDA and skin temperature data.  The EDA data is not available through any of our APIs.  This is a popular request, so we are hoping that the data will be available in the future.   Heart rate data can be downloaded using the Fitbit Web API in increments of 1min and 5min samplings using the Heart Rate intraday endpoints.  Skin temperate is available to download through the Web API, but is not available in 1min or 5min increments.  The Get Skin Temperature endpoints will return the user's average temperature during a period of sleep and display the data as a delta from their baseline temperature.

We do have feature requests created to provide Intraday EDA and Skin Temperature values through a Web API endpoint in the future.   I do not have a timeline when this functionality will be available.   When it is, I'll update this post with the status.

Best,

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes