Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a subscription post 409 and after deletion of app from user's account on Fitbit

Hello,

Two of our users accidentally attempted to subscribe themselves from our app to the same Fitbit account/device (husband/wife pair). During the process, the first user created a subscription fine. When the 2nd user attempted to create a subscription, she got 409 error, which is what the Web API documentation advises.

The problem is that once the first and second user deleted their authorizations from both app side and from the Fitbit account side, nobody is capable to create subscriptions to the original Fitbit account: It would make sense to me, that if one deletes app from Fitbit account, subscriptions associated with the Fitbit account and webapp is deleted as well. It appears that it is not the case.

To summarize:

- User A authorizes webapp to Fitbit account Z, and  successfully creates a subscription.

- User B authorizes webapp to Fitbit account Z, and attempts to create a subscription receiving 409.

- User A deauthorizes Fitbit from webapp and also deletes the subcription.

- User B deauthorizes Fitbit from webapp. 

- Fitbit account Z removes webapp from Fitbit approved applications

Expected result:

- User A should be able to authorize webapp to Fitbit account Z, and create a subscription.

Produced result:

- User A authorizes webapp to Fitbit account Z, but receives 409 during creation of subscription.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Many thanks!

PawelRTE

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @PawelRTE,

Would you please clarify a few things for me?   It sounds like the husband/wife are using the same Fitbit account, correct?  Is this a family account or a standard account?  Are these people using 2 separate devices to register the accounts or the same device?  When the initial subscriptions are created, is your application using the same subscription ID or different ones?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes