Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get activities logged with Fitbit Charge 2

ANSWERED

Hello,

I need to record the start and the end of some particular physical activities, so registering them with the interface of the Fitboit Charge 2 seemed like a handy solution, however, I have noticed that the activities registered this way cannot be later retrieved through the Web API.

Is this a known bug? Are those activities registered elsewhere so that I can query them (all them are still shown in the Fitbit Dashboard)?

Best regards,
Salvador

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @salvadormoreno,

You should be able to access any activity logged by your device and tracker through the Web API as long as it has first been synced to the account.

The GET Activity Logs List endpoint retrieves a list of a user's activity log entries before or after a given day, as well as indicate how the activity was recorded:

• auto_detected activity logs are those created by Fitbit’s SmartTrack feature.

• fitstar activity logs are created after completing a FitStar workout.

• manual activity logs are user specified overrides of some or all tracker data.

• mobile_run activity logs are created after completing a MobileRun.

• tracker activity logs are those created using the multisport exercise mode on a Fitbit device.

Are you seeing any errors when querying the Activity endpoints? If so, can you provide me with the endpoint you are calling and the response? 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @salvadormoreno,

You should be able to access any activity logged by your device and tracker through the Web API as long as it has first been synced to the account.

The GET Activity Logs List endpoint retrieves a list of a user's activity log entries before or after a given day, as well as indicate how the activity was recorded:

• auto_detected activity logs are those created by Fitbit’s SmartTrack feature.

• fitstar activity logs are created after completing a FitStar workout.

• manual activity logs are user specified overrides of some or all tracker data.

• mobile_run activity logs are created after completing a MobileRun.

• tracker activity logs are those created using the multisport exercise mode on a Fitbit device.

Are you seeing any errors when querying the Activity endpoints? If so, can you provide me with the endpoint you are calling and the response? 

Best Answer
0 Votes