Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification of subscriber endpoint not making any requests to specified url

I am trying to implement a subsciber endpoint. But when I click on the verify button in the app configuration, it fail.

Checking my server log, I see no requests at all to the endpoint happening at all to https://webhook.x2.energy/fitbit

I see requests I make with a browser comming in just fine. It looks like fitbit server isn't even trying to access the URL at all when I click verify.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @innoEnergy,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you DM me your client id so I can take a look at our logs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @innoEnergy,

I've taken over this problem and I've been reading up the progress from John.   It sounds like the problem is currently with the certificates from your internet/host provider.   Are you still having a problem verifying your subscriber?   If so, do you know if the certificates are self-signed?

Thanks!

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Gordon

Thank you for looking into our problem. We are using a GoDaddy Certificate (Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2). It seems like you are using curl or something similar which is not accepting GoDaddy certificates. They using different certificates like openSSL or other mechanismn. If you add GoDaddy Certificates or call curl with -k option it will not make problems.

Error while "curling":

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.se/docs/sslcerts.html

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @innoEnergy 

I'm going to send you a private message to collect some information from you.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the site digicert.com, it is determined the certificates being used from GoDaddy are not trusted.  I suggest reaching out to GoDaddy to fix the untrusted certificates or use another certificate authority that provides trusted certificates.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke with GoDaddy and they asked for more Information. They are one of the biggest certification companys and be also trusted by the most other certification companys… which kind of certificate is required? A special company validation?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might be a good place to start by asking them why their certificate is showing as untrusted.   I'll send you a private message with the information I received.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes