Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very New Developer Question

ANSWERED

I'm very new to development in general and was confused about the role the web API plays in developing apps. Can it only be used to develop websites or is there any way it can be used in a phone app? I'm trying to make an app for my phone that collects and presents data from the week to me. Also, if it's just going to be me using the app do I still need to complete the application registration form?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The 'Web' API can be used in the way you want, although you may need to be a bit creative with some of your responses in the registration form. The Web API really just provides access to Fitbit's database.

I think you'll still need to complete the application form, because you need some magic numbers to authenticate your app. However, if it's for private use, it won't need approval per se.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

The 'Web' API can be used in the way you want, although you may need to be a bit creative with some of your responses in the registration form. The Web API really just provides access to Fitbit's database.

I think you'll still need to complete the application form, because you need some magic numbers to authenticate your app. However, if it's for private use, it won't need approval per se.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you, @Gondwana 

@GreatB1gMan ...Let us know if you have further questions.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer