Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 day count (and average on my phone app) wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the last upgrade, my 7 day count is incorrect both on my Mac and my iPhone (i.e. showing 52,000 when it should be double that, given I'm averaging about 14,000 steps a day).  The average on my phone app is also off; showing 8,000 steps per day, although it appears correct on my Mac.  Looking thru some other similar posts, I did uninstall and reinstall my app which didn't help.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Awesome help @ShaiKingTroy! Thanks for the update @Sharon60! So good to hear that you are now back on track. 

@Zippy7 Welcome and thanks for the screenshots! This difference you are seeing is because the total you see on your first screenshot on "This week"  only take in to account Today, Wednesday, Tuesday and Monday.  And on the total you see on the second screenshot takes into account the last 7 days (Notice that manually logged activities are not taken to account for your 7 days total).

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Nice to see you here @Sharon60! This sounds odd. To better assist you can you please provide me with screenshots of the app with the discrepancy you are seeing? Also, can you let me know the specific date you started seeing this discrepancy?

I hope to hear back from you soon! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding Lucy.  I decided to email directly to support, and I'm awaiting a response.  I'm not sure when I did notice the change, I assume within the last couple of app updates.  I was away for several weeks (with a less than stellar step count unfortunately) so I didn't notice the discrepancy until just recently.  It's frustrating when I count on accuracy for my motivation.  Thanks, I'm sure support will provide me with some answers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Sharon60! I'm sure that Support will be able to help further with this and you will be back on track in no time. If you can, please attach all the screenshots of the issue so they can see what you are seeing. 

Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can show you screen shots since I am having the same problem:Here's my Totals for 7 daysHere's my Totals for 7 daysThey add up to more 80,712!!!They add up to more 80,712!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you upgrade? Because if it was within the last week it could count the 14,000 steps but also the 0 steps and averaged them

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what had been happening, but over the course of the last several days, my count has been right on track.  Support wasn't able to pinpoint the situation either, even though screen shots obviously showed varying discrepancies.  At one point I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone but that didn't help either.  Wish I could give you some insights into why it appears to have resolved itself for me (for now anyway), but unfortunately I can't.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It also could have not been not including the 15,870 from the Friday

Best Answer
0 Votes

It poblably was the steps from before you got the one, like I had said

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @ShaiKingTroy! Thanks for the update @Sharon60! So good to hear that you are now back on track. 

@Zippy7 Welcome and thanks for the screenshots! This difference you are seeing is because the total you see on your first screenshot on "This week"  only take in to account Today, Wednesday, Tuesday and Monday.  And on the total you see on the second screenshot takes into account the last 7 days (Notice that manually logged activities are not taken to account for your 7 days total).

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

I talked to Support and they informed me that my manually entered walking does not add into my 7 day totals.  I had one day on which I went on a 4 mile walk and forgot to wear my Fitbit, so I manually entered the steps.  That totally explained my discrepancy.  Oh, well...I guess this will help me remember to put it on every time! 

Thanks for your support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, so you do not have any more problems, manually entered steps does not go into challenges from friends

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone who provided their insights.  I hadn't realized the 7 day count was calculated in that manner, nor that manually entered stats weren't included in the total.  There have been some instances where I had to manually include walks when I was encountering issues with my battery.  Thanks again everyone! Keep on smiling...and walking.

Best Answer

Great tip @ShaiKingTroy! Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the update @Sharon60 and @Zippy7! So good that the mystery was solved and that you are back on track! 😉 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board. There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. When I click on "community" I see my 7 day steps as 91,498, but it says my average daily steps is 11,425. 91,498 divided by 7 is 13,071. And I never log any steps, so that isn't a factor. I've had my fitbit for almost a year now, and the number has almost never been correct. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told that if I manually add steps (cuz I forgot to wear my fitbit)
those steps are not included in community numbers. Needless to say, I try
hard not to forget it now!
Best Answer
0 Votes