Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won’t recognize new battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I changed the battery in my zip but the app won’t recognize it.  The app tells me the battery is dead and won’t sync.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for stopping by @SunsetRunner! In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  But the device is good.  It’s the iOS app that wasn’t recognizing the new battery and therefore not allowing sync.  Finally connected with chat and he said it was a known issue and there was an update to fix it.  Except I already had the update.  I opened the app today and it worked; however, the app indicates the battery is nearly dead.  Which can’t be the case since it’s only two days old.  Who knows.  At least it finally synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @SunsetRunner! As you mentioned, at the moment this is a known issue by our engineering team and they are working to find a fix for this. You can join or follow this discussion for more information. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to get you back on track soon.

In an effort to tidy up the forums, I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, but please do join us here for updates on Tracker not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update on Flex, One, and Zip trackers.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes