Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Tracker not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update on Flex, One, and Zip trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several iOS users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I'm so relieved to hear this. I thought I was just not charging it properly. I've tried all the fixes suggested and nothing seems to work. How will we know when things are resolved? Thank you.

Best Answer

Well, glad to know it is not my battery and that it is an issue. Guess I'll just charge it nightly until issue is resolved. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit HR is not holding a charge, not syncing and not reporting the correct date or time since mid July.

please help

Best Answer

I stopped using the all day sync and so far my fit is holding a charge. Anyone else tried this yet? 

Best Answer
Yes I tried it but in desperation. And so far it seems to be working. Early days? It was truly driving me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Having same problem. Rapid battery drain.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Glad to know its not just me... Tried everything nothing worked... How will we know when there is a solution?

Best Answer
I'm shopping competitors now. Shocking this is not an easy fix, since they
clearly messed it up with the last update. I use this device as part of my
health insurance benefit program, and it is costing me money right now.
Checking on the Garmin device as an alternative.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue

Best Answer

So far I've found turning off all day sync seems to work. Have any of you tried this?

Best Answer
Thanks I will sure try this..

Regina
Best Answer

Having the same issue here. Tried to sync, got the infamous "looking" for an hour, when I looked again, the fitbit (Charge 2) had died (low battery.)

Best Answer
Ugh. This is my 3rd one and others held charge for 2 weeks. Now someone else posted to remove the synk and I think that will help
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

In trying to attach the picture of what comes up but can't figure out how on my phone. I have all current app and iOS. Just got my phone the other day 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ARG!!! This is so frustrating!!! I have had my FitBit one for 18 months. I have not changed any settings but I now have to charge every 2 days instead of 7-8 days this sucks!!! You should let people know when you are gonna screw things up again!!! I didn't get my steps recorded for 2 days because I didn't know what there was an update. Please fix this issue!!!!

Best Answer

Just letting everyone know that I have found turning off all day sync seems to fix battery not holding charge problem. 😊 My Fitbit flex seems back to normal. Will let you all know if there is any change. Have any of you tried this? Turn of all day sync and fully charge your battery. Then replace it in band and see how you go. Good luck 😉 

Best Answer

Thanks Stacie. Following your advice I find mine is holding charge too. 

Best Answer
Yes I have tried it and agree it works...battery life is back to normal..

Regina
Best Answer