Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Tracker not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update on Flex, One, and Zip trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several iOS users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116
No it was not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It will go through batteries every day. Fitbit won’t help with this issue. They will just tell you to be patient

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please don’t close this until Fitbit resolves issue with defective Fitbit. Promising a fix to a known problem while continuing to sell the defective product isn’t a fix. Refusing to refund people who purchased the Zip is a scam

Best Answer

It looks like Fitbit is unable to fix this problem and refused to give refunds. I wouldn’t recommend wasting your money on this defective product 

Best Answer

I’ve noticed my ONE not holding a charge as long as it use to

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was asked to do a "battery test" with the "All Day Sync" turned off.  I actually had my battery last over a week with the "All Day Sync" turned off.  However, as soon as I turned the "All Day Sync" back on, my batter only lasted about 48 hours.  In the past my battery lasted about 5 days.  I always had the All Day Sync turned on, which is required if you do any challenges.  So my conclusion is that there is some improvement, but it is far from being fixed.  FITBIT ARE YOU SEEING THIS???

Best Answer

So, do you recommend turning the all day sync off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want your battery to last longer that seems to be the only option right now.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed my Fitbit is fully charged when off WiFi, when on WiFi it fluctuates. 

I put my battery in 5 days ago. After a brand new one. It read full for a day. Next day, medium. But when I sync off of WiFi it goes back to full?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am thouroghly fed up with Fitbit.

They have been fobbing us off for months on this issue.

They have made something we paid good money for, unfit for purpose.

It is their responsibility to fix this now or reimburse us all for their
incompetence.
Best Answer

Could you explain the reasoning as to why keep the All Day Sync on. If I choose to turn that function off what will I be missing out on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The all day sync uses the battery more quickly because the app is constantly reading the data from the battery. Fitbit suggested turning off all day sync to lengthen the time the charge lasts and it seems to work.  The main disadvantage is that if you engage in challenges, they usually require all day sync.  The app seems to sync when it is opened but it can be manually synced too. Fitbit should be paying me.  I think I know more than they do.😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I’ll try that. It bugs me that Fitbit knows they’re selling a defective product but don’t stop. 😒

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m glad turning off things is a solution for most, but....Why offer the features if we can’t use them?   When you give battery life, it should be determined with all features in use.  Prior to my flex2, I purchased a tracker off of Groupons for $12.  It did just at as much.  I turned nothing off, my battery life was about 8 Days, sometimes more.  Fix this Fitbit, I expect better from you.  2 Days of battery life, using all the features, is not acceptable.

Best Answer
Great point! Why does Fitbit knowingly sell a defective product? Then they refuse to honor the warranty. How deceptive.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am convinced that this problem is a software problem and not a device problem.  Shortly after this whole problem started, I lost my old Fitbit.  I had better battery life on the new one ONLY if I turned off All Day Sync.  However, I just had my battery go dead after about three days.  Fitbit did offer me a replacement under my warranty, but I don't think it will help.  My old Fitbit worked great for three years and it wasn't until the August 11 (?) update that it quite working correctly.  This seems to be a problem for all types of devices, so the only conclusion I can reach is that the software is doing something when it connects to the device that causes it to run down.  Fitbit emailed me to let me know that the engineers have identified the problem and are working on a fix.  That said, their customer service reps are a bunch of **ahem**s who don't understand how the software interacts with the device and offer suggestions based on faulty information (this is not the first time I have had issues with their app). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes