Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery door Cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The battery door to my Fitbit Zip is cracked.  It will likely break into two pieces the next time I change the battery, hampering or destroying functionality.  Customer support cannot help.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a battery door?  OR do you have a creative solution to hold the battery in place once the door is damaged or lost?  Thanks

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Did you contacted the support team from the official contact page? @S_L_R

Is the tracker still under warranty?

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner - Yes I checked with the official Help Desk.  My device is no longer under warranty so they cannot help.  Fair.  I'm not seeking a handout -- I simply want to purchase a battery door (or substitute) so that I can continue using the same device without having to purchase a whole new unit.  I've had problems from the start and should have addressed them sooner.  Lesson learned.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no way to just purchase the door. Sorry

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have two Fitbit Zips and they both have the same problem.  I wear one every day so I change batteries frequently.  The door design is weak at best!  Unfortunately, because both of my Zips are out of warranty, Customer Support won't support the devices.  I think this is absurd!!  New Zips are selling for over $100 in some cases and are unobtainium from Fitbit at the moment (and giving me a discount on a new one doesn't help either).  I also have a Flex that I wear a lot, so I am very disappointed that with the money that I have spent on Fitbit devices, the Company won't support them!!  Guess I am just going to stick with my Apple Watch from here on out!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Qoats123! Thank you for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip and Customer Support. Since you received the discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this.

Regarding the availability and price for Zip, currently Zip is at $59.95 and it's in stock in our online Store. If you still need help with this, let me know I'd love to help you further with this. 

Catch you later! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes