Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used 4 batteries in the past 5 days. Keeps showing full battery for a few hours then goes off. Steps are being lost each time I renew battery and it won't synch. Very frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I'm having a similar problem. Just 5 days after putting in a brand new battery I'm getting a low battery message. It WILL sync but I have to remove it and put it right beside the computer (keep forgetting to put it on, so it's off half of the day...:(  ). Takes at least 3 tries to sync even when the things is literally 1 inch from the computer.

Best Answer

In the last month since I connected my newest zip, I have gone through 6 batteries.  By day 2 on a new battery or even sooner,  the low battery indicator shows on the dashboard even if the low battery icon does not show up on the zip.  Sometimes the indicator returns to full and then to low battery and a notice appears on my iPad to replace the battery.  The sincing is sporadic and takes a long time if it does eventually sync .Very frustrating not to mention inconvenient.  What's going on

? How can this be corrected ?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, have replaced the battery at least once each week for the last 4 weeks.  Would like a response from fitbit!

Best Answer

Seems like a Fitbit problem they should respond to.

Best Answer

I also have this issue! It seems my display isn't going off! Tech support did email me once! I repeated the problem again and still no one has gotten back to me in a week! Very frustrating to spend money on batteries! I've only had my Zip 6 months!  I can buy  something else  with the money i spend on batteries,  it won't be a fitbit!

Best Answer
I agree .... it appears that whenever I move, rather than only with a tap, the display comes on continually draining the battery. This did not occur with my two year old Fitbit which I replaced because the display had become very light and difficult to read. I have purchased two new Fitbits in the last 3 months trying to correct the battery drain issue. The most recent, being purchased three days ago ...... still the same problem. Ready to purchase a different tracker, not a FitBit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same is happening to me. Every two to four weeks I am changing the battery. Even when I first got my Fitbit zip six months ago I had to change the battery after two months and yet it says on the brochure and website that the battery should last six months. When I contacted Fitbit about this two months back, all they said was to make sure that the battery is correct and that the inside is clean. I done all of that and yet the problem with the battery is still the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same deal, bought Zip May 2016 (19-months ago). Battery life used to be great, would easily go for more than a month. Now the battery indicator appears after as few as three days. I have cleaned battery terminals and gently squeezed them both out to make better contact. This thing is EATING batteries!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My suggestion is to throw your Zip out and walk away from Fitbit. We are getting no support/fix from Fitbit. You will go broke replacing batteries in you zip. It's not worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, a helpful response, thank you..... I did get a response with complex instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Wasted a couple hours of my time and didn't help...Some of the products are just lemons. Probably many work ok but the quality control is not good and for the price we pay, there should be quality control. I can buy a poor quality pedometer elsewhere for a lot less.

--
Dr. K Fitzpatrick
Dept of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr.
Burnaby BC. V5A 1S6

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
-Douglas Adams
Best Answer

Just bought a brand new Fitbit zip, it was just laying around for a few days until I finally hooked it up today, the battery is down to low in just one day of use, terrible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you think Fitbit will ever fix there app?

Best Answer
0 Votes