Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks on Zip's display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last couple of times I changed my battery, the display was blank but I managed to fix this by putting a bit of folded paper on top of the battery, which seemed to improve the battery connection. However, this time, I'm now getting blocks or bands across the display so I can't see the numbers (eg. number of steps). Anyone had this problem? Can it be fixed?

Fitbit ZIp display - blocks for digitsFitbit ZIp display - blocks for digits

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update @DebCo! I really appreciate that you shared the solution for the issue you where experiencing. These tips can be helpful to other users experiencing the same. 

Regarding your question, the blocks on the screen on your Zip may have appeared because of the pressure on the screen.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for stopping by @DebCo! Wow! This is really weird! In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:
zip.png

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @LucyFitbit. I haven't checked the spring in my Zip because the display cleared up! When I  was searching for an answer I discovered that for the last 3.5 years I've been wearing the Zip incorrectly (with the display against my skin). About a week after I started wearing the display away from the skin, the display started to clear. I'm wondering whether it  was too much constant pressure on the zip or overheating?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @DebCo! I really appreciate that you shared the solution for the issue you where experiencing. These tips can be helpful to other users experiencing the same. 

Regarding your question, the blocks on the screen on your Zip may have appeared because of the pressure on the screen.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer