Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pair a Zip without a code?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old Zip finally cracked and the display is unreadable. I bought a new Charge2 and it is swell. Now I have both on my account. My wife would like to start tracking with the Zip to see if she can get into it. I set her up an account, but I cannot move my Zip to her because I will not be able to read the 4 digit code on the face. I tested that the Zip syncs fine, so it isn't a big deal that the display doesn't work. Since Fitbit "reconciles" overlapping data, she can't just use it on my account and have any idea of what she's actually doing (and it messes with my numbers). The Zip is still on my account at the moment, so I can get the device details.

Is there any way to build the code from this or a backwards way to apply this device to her account? I know "Just spend $50 and get another one" is a possible fix, but she isn't interested in trying it out for that.

Thoughts?

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @trickqba! Zip generates a random number on the display that isn't one of the identifiers you shared. The best is to get in touch with Support to explore your options with this issue. 

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If others come here asking, the answer is, "No." It is a perfectly fine "solution" though it did not solve my issue. Thanks to Lucy and Customer Service for trying to get me there, however.

Best Answer
0 Votes