Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up new Zip device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I replaced my Zip, and I can't set it up-I get as far as logging in to Fitbit Connect, verifying my profile and locating the Zip -but when it asks me to type in the 4-digit number beginning with 0, it shows me 0 followed by three ???, not numbers. I have tried several times and that's all I can get. I removed the battery from my old Zip just in case it was interfering, but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Grumpy55! This sounds odd. For best results, keep the device you’re not using at least 10 feet away from your phone. 

Also, I'd like to recommend you to restart your tracker to ensure that is working correctly. After this, try setting your tracker up as a replacement device. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Grumpy55! This sounds odd. For best results, keep the device you’re not using at least 10 feet away from your phone. 

Also, I'd like to recommend you to restart your tracker to ensure that is working correctly. After this, try setting your tracker up as a replacement device. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
Thanks, now it's working! I did everything before except move my phone
away, now I am all set.
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Grumpy55! 🙂 So great to hear that you are back on track. Please don't hesitate to post back if you need extra help. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes