Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I setup brand new zip since I lost my old one. It tells me that update is available and when I try to update the app (iOS) shows that it is loading and Zip screen keeps cycling between blank screen and 5.72 and it never updates.

When it is updating, it seems that the clock stops on the Zip at the time when the update has started. Additionally, after I have tried the update, it does not sync anymore and I need to remove battery to start syncing again.

I have tried to remove zip, add it back, remove battery, delete app, use Mac to update using dongle but that did not help.

App shows that my Zip is Version 72

Please,help! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @BalticGringo  it's entirely possible that you won't be able to update the Zip. Since it was retired, Fitbit only continues with updates for a certain period of time. Looks like you've done all you can to get it going again. The closest thing out now to your Zip is the Inspire 2, which can be worn with an optional clip. Sorry this happened. I have a friend with a new Zip in a drawer in case the current one dies. I have a feeling it's going to have the same issue yours does of not being able to update.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13thank you for your quick response. You must have read my mind.

I have Alta HR that is not being used and apparently there are non OEM clip holders on amazon for sale, so I will try that as my Zip replacement!

Best Answer