Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy a Zip?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So disappointed the zip is no longer avl. for purchase in stores & people are hiking the prices up on ebay

(just bought one) since my old zip finally gave it up after 3 years.  I don't like wearing a device on my wrist I like to keep it basic with the clip on wish they still had this item.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Welcome to the Forums @AKBee! Thanks for sharing your concerns about the availability of Fitbit Zip. At the moment there are no plans to discontinue Fitbit Zip. You can look for a Fitbit retailer near you in our Retailers Page or go to the Fitbit Store

Keep in mind that only color available (if you are located in the USA) is Charcoal. However, in some other locations or retailers you may find other options as well. 

Regarding your tracker, make sure that you are restarting it as suggested here. Also, make sure that the inside spring is correctly placed as suggested in @vomitofthemind's post. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the exact same. The zip was perfect for me. I wear lots of jewelry and wearing a tracker on my wrist doesn't work. The prices I've seen for a new Zip are extremely high. Why are they not being sold in the Fitbit store? Any solutions? 

Best Answer

I agree completely! My zip just brokein march 2019 and I got an inspire hr... which logged 16000 instead of 5000

steps because i was patting my little one a lot.  Its horrible for me.

i want a new fitbit zip that I know is not previously used and for a reasonable price.

Best Answer

Fully in agreement.  The zip is the best tracker for active people.  It fits perfectly in a pocket or clipped to bra when hiking and camping.  I do too many activities where something on the wrist does not work!

Best Answer

I ended up buying it off amazon and it happened to drop down in price right when I decided to give in and pay whatever it was listed for!! I really lucked out. I hope that this one lasts for years too and when it dies on me, fitbit is still selling them.

I tried a garmin version that was similar and it was TERRIBLE. It didn’t register 80% of my steps! Fitbit zip is the best!

You guys made a huge mistake discontinuing the zip, not everyone wants a wrist tracker...

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I am certainly not sorry that the fit bit zip is no longer available. I have had one for several years but have had nothing but trouble. The Fitbit has come out of the holder on several occasions; once resulting in it being lost and me having to replace it. Battery life  is supposed to be 4 to 6 months but I have sometimes had to replace it after the matter of weeks. I have received notifications of low battery when it is still showing 100% on the app. Some days I get readings of 10% battery then 85% battery then 10% battery and then 100% battery. Totally confusing. Have relayed this information to Fitbit who say their engineers are working on the problem. This has been going on for 18 months plus. Totally acceptable, only place for a Fitbit in the bin,

Best Answer

Agree.  Not everyone wants a tracker on their wrist.  Besides, IMO, using a wrist tracker is 'cheating,' in the sense that every time you move your arm, it logs more 'steps,' even if you're sitting down.  How is that accurate?  I suppose on the next go-round I'll have to buy a wrist tracker and wear it on my ankle (??).

I love my Zip.  This is my third one (lost the first one and the second went thru one too many laundry cycles, and there were a lot, but it kept chugging along for a good long time after!    :P)

PLEASE bring the Zip back before I need to buy a new one!!!!

Best Answer

I LOVE my Zip! So disappointed they've discontinued it. I have probably purchased more than a dozen and given them to family and friends. I don't care for wearing something on my wrist and the Zip was the perfect tool for keeping me on track with my fitness goals.

Best Answer

Fitbit needs to bring the Zip back!

Totally agree...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It’s unfortunate the Zip has been discontinued.  They are still available on Amazon & Ebay.

Best Answer
Thanks - crazy prices. Think fit bit should sell them at original price.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Yes, the prices are crazy.  Fitbit no longer sells them.

Best Answer
Google just bought Fitbit. Maybe they will bring it back! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

If anyone is interested in buying a zip brand new sealed from factory in box I have three of them for sale. Just let me know what you think is reasonable. I'm not trying to make a huge profit or anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The original price for the Zip was around $50 and I do feel that is a reasonable price. You can get much more on eBay. Thanks for sharing. Don

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, what are you willing to sell them for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can buy it on Amazon (Just a suggestion) but it is very expensive. (about 120.00)* eBay should be much cheaper (47.00-109.99)*

*estimates

Happy New Year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also love my Zip, but it is starting to be unreliable.  Anticipating this, i bought one from eBay about a month ago.  My current one seemed to have almost given up for good yesterday, but when I went to set up the new zip, it's not listed in the set up options.  It seems fitbit isn't supporting it anymore. 

For those of you who purchased one after it was discontinued, how are you setting it up.  I get no answers from the support email, which is sad, because customer support used to be pretty good.

Very disappointing all around.  I too do not want to wear a tracker on my wrist.

Best Answer
I bought mine off amazon last spring and was able to set it up the normal way. I will be really disappointed if they removed setting it up from the app!

That being said, is your app up to date, bluetooth on, etc? Sorry for redundant questions.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes