Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip is not syncing automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Zip and a new Pixel 4a 5g phone.

I have the "permanent" notification that the Fitbit Sync Service is running but it does not sync automatically during the day.  I have to remember to manually ask to sync with the Zip. 

The app should sync periodically as long as the service is running and the Zip is nearby, which is almost 100% of the time.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Having a similar issue Syncing with my Windows 10 computer and my iPhone since the latest software update was installed on Tuesday August 17, 2021.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. “Sync Now” won’t work anymore. How do I fix it??

Best Answer

@AburgWxMan the Windows10 app hasn't synced or worked for me since August 1st, many people have had this issue and nobody has solutions (there's a separate forum just for the app). I'm assuming Fitbit quietly disabled it but haven't seen anything official. I really preferred using Windows10, especially for chatting in challenges and the convenience of continuous syncs. @Rsport with the app open on your Android, turn off Bluetooth then hit sync, it should prompt you from the app to turn it back on and this should fix you up. Unsure why this works but it does over 90% of the times I've tried. @mpleitner54 as you've already identified this with Fitbit as something permanent, there's nothing more to suggest. Sorry.

Best Answer

My app stopped working on my android and Bluetooth is not recognizing the device. Problem started yesterday 

Best Answer

I don't have the app on my phone, but just a couple days ago my computer stopped recognizing the device - the computer I used to sync it over Bluetooth now says my device doesn't have Bluetooth turned on, and the computer I have a dongle on just says it can't connect to my device. Both of them started around 9/27. I think the last time I synced was 9/26.

Best Answer

Your tracker @hudsons1033 always has Bluetooth on. It is possible turn BT off on the computer. 

It it fitbit connect that says that it can't connect to the device. 

We know the user will not be able to connect through the computers BT.. This is because it is a low energy Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

where is sync now located

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the fitbit app, and the app will try to sync. 

Or, on Android, hold finger on the screen and pull down. It is the same action for refreshing email, a web page, Facebook, and many other apps. May also work in iOS. 

Or tap the top left, then tap your tracker, tap sync now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also had to same problem - my Zip isn't syncing either via my laptop or my Android phone - since 26 November after app update. I've tried all the troubleshooting options multiple times, finally giving up and removing my device - now it won't pair at all so have definitely given up and am thinking of giving a different product a try instead (after being a loyal Fitbit user for over 6 years).

Best Answer

Hello @Kabu what do you mean by pair? A user will not be able to pair a tracker to the phone. We have to setup the tracker to our fitbit account, then the fitbit app will ask to pair the tracker. 

If it fails, let us know the phone type, step that the failure occured, and any error messages. 

First step is to remove the tracker from the phones bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, I've tried everything, including removing the tracker from the phones bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling the app (on both laptop (running late version Windows 10) and phone (Nokia 1.3), setting up the tracker again. I eventually removed the tracker and tried to set it up again, but the app gets to the step of trying to find the Zip but it fails. During set up I have always ensured the Zip is nearby, display is on and the battery is inserted correctly. I don't understand why the synching stopped working suddenly when it had been working fine for a long time, can anyone explain this? It seems to have happened to quite a few users. 

Best Answer

Knowing that the tracker always has the bluetooth on is helpful. I have never turned bluetooth off on the computer, so it's the app on the computer that is acting weird.

Since I reported this I have been able to sync, but it is really hit and miss. Some days the computer gives me the message about bluetooth being turned off at the tracker, and some days it syncs fine.

I'm not sure why you state that I can't connect through the computer's bluetooth...it does work most days, it's just some days it doesn't.

Best Answer

@hudsons1033 not knowing. Who your " who" is referring to. I said that you will not be able to pair a tracker. Your tracker should connect. Connecting is not the same as pairing. 

We setup the tracker, through the fitbit app, to the users account. Once setup the app will pair, connect, and sync. 

Pairing is telling the Bluetooth that you trust the device and it is ok to connect without first asking me. 

For. Bluetooth Low Energy devices, like fitbit, tracker will reject any attempts from the user to pair. This is the fitbit app's responsibility. 

Yes the fitbit app on the pc should be able to pair, connect, and sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you for the extra explanation, I think I understand what you're saying. 

My app still fails to connect sometimes, but I just keep retrying and it eventually finds it and syncs - or if I even ignore it, it eventually syncs on its own.

Best Answer
0 Votes