Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My zip won't download the firmware update despite the facts that I have internet, have a full battery on the zip, and am connected by Bluetooth. My zip also doesn't consistently sync. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I'm having the same issue. The firmware update fails every time, and I haven't been able to synch since January 14th. I've tried every solution in the help pages and still my zip is unusable. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Lala42, and @SurlySquirrel! Make sure that you are restarting your Zip by following the instructions in How do I restart my tracker? Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device and try the update again.

After this, try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

P.S. @Lala42 If your tracker is having difficulties to sync, please check that the metal spring isn't bent by following @vomitofthemind's tips on this post

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Hi, I had tried everything you mentioned in your last message yet it still does not work. My workout could have been wasted since it cannot be updated, and my phone apps cannot sync with my Zip. Hat other option I could try? Pls help soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Alex0405! Thanks for letting me know that you tried the suggested troubleshooting. 🙂 

I think that your tracker is currently stuck on the update. If you haven't tried before, you can try updating it on a computer. To see how to, go to the help article How do I update my Fitbit device? and choose the Fitbit.com Dashboard option. Remember to turn off the Bluetooth of your other devices so they don't interfere during this process.  

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer